Chapter 6 Bloodletting

I shot up from the ground that I was lying on. My hands reached up for my head to stop the headache, but I couldn't because of the restraints. I struggled to get free as I glanced around. I was in a small room with a bed in the corner. I was strapped to a water heater, I think. I looked around for Hayley, but when I couldn't find her, I panicked a bit. I pulled on the zip tie that was holding me to the water heater. I looked over to the one window in the room and peered out. From what I could see, there were trees all around and the sound of water. But it smelled swampy. I was in the Bayou? How did I get here?

I looked to the door when I heard footsteps on the other side. The floorboards creaked from the heavyweight. I looked down at my hands and started to pull at the zip ties. I kept pulling until I felt the metal of the heater move. I was too busy struggling to hear the door swing open. However, I did hear the footsteps get closer to me. I snapped my head up to see the person who entered the room. I was fully ready to use my magic to take them down, but I froze when I saw who it was. "Tyler?" I asked as my best friend stood in front of me. He didn't say a word as he clicked open a switchblade. My eyes widened as he leaned down and cut the zip tie off my hands. "Tyler, what's going on? Why are you here?" I asked as he stood me up on my feet. He then grabbed my arm tightly and pulled me from the room. "Tyler?!?" I yelled as he led me down the small hall. He sat me down at an old table and knelt down in front of me. He tied my hands together under the table and around the table's leg. When he stood up again, he looked into my eyes before he left out the front door. "What's going on?" I yelled at my retreating friend.

/////////////////////

 I huffed again as I failed to get free. I leaned back in my chair as I looked out the window. I watched the same man standing in front of the shack. He stayed quiet but again didn't move. I rolled my eyes as I looked down at my hands. I snapped my head up when the front door swung open. I saw the same guard dragging Hayley in. "Dawn?" she said as the man strapped her to the old oven with zip ties.

"Hayley?" I said as I struggled again. She sat on the old wooden floor as the man turned to leave the room. I waited for him to exit completely until I turned to Hayley. "What are you doing here?"

"Tyler kidnapped me just like you." She sighed as she looked around the room. "He thinks I am the one that is pregnant with Klaus' child." She told me as she glanced up at me.

"How does he even know that?" I asked as I looked out the window again.

"Hell, if I know." She stated. "Are you okay?"

"I'm fine. He won't hurt me right now." I sighed as I watched Tyler walk up to the hut. He opened the door and only glanced at me while he sat the bag in his hand on the table next to me. "Tyler, what is going on?" I asked him as he turned to face me. His face held nothing but hurt.

"Did you know?" He asked me. "That she is pregnant with Klaus' child?" he completed his question.

"Tyler, let me explain." I tried, but he slammed his hand on the table.

"And yet, you're still with him? If he really loved you, he wouldn't have slept with her." He said as he unzipped his bag. "What kind of love is that?"

"Tyler, there's been a wolf watching me lately, protecting me like it instinctively knows that I'm part of its pack," Hayley explained as Tyler turned to face her. "You're a hybrid. You can turn into a wolf whenever you want. Was it you?"

He shook his head. "No, but you're right. Only hybrids can control when they change, and I'm the only one left besides Klaus, which is why we're here."

"Whatever you think you're doing, you know that whole original family has made some sort of pact or something to keep me and the baby safe," She was trying to keep the attention off me. Tyler opened his bag as he listened. "So, if you hurt me, they'll kill you."