Chapter 25 Chasing the devil's tail

I was pacing in my room while waiting for Erik to wake up

I was pacing in my room while waiting for Erik to wake up. I ran my hands through my hair, anxiously waiting. I could hear his slow breathing. But why is it taking so long for him to wake up? I sat down in a chair on one side of the room with a sigh. My head snapped up when my door opened, and Hayley walked in. "Dawn, I need your help with..." her statement trailed off when she saw him lying on the bed. "What happened?" she asked as she stood in the doorway.

"I bit him," I said as I looked at her. "But he's not dead. I feed him my blood, but he's been like think since then." I said as I stood up from my chair. "I don't know why."

She looked over at me with a lot of concern. "What's on your shoulder?" she asked as she stepped closer.

I glanced down at the red spot that had grown since yesterday. I almost forgot about that. "Mikael stabbed me with Tunde's blade."

"Why hasn't it healed yet?" she asked as she looked it over. "Is this why your magic was out of control? Have you told Klaus?"

"No, he doesn't need to know right now. He has other problems with Elijah." I explained as I brushed off her hand. "The real issue is Erik. I didn't even mean to bite him; I woke up like that."

"Woke up? As in, you didn't even know you were doing this." she gestured towards Erik. I shook my head and ran my hand through my hair again. "You need to tell Klaus about this."

"Nope, next opinion," I said as I stepped away from her.

"Dawn, I can't even begin to help you with this," she explained as she stepped closer to the bed. "Klaus would know what to do."

"Or the other option is to wait for him to wake up," I said. "Which I can do easily." I sighed as I turned back to her. I wanted to ignore this problem for as long as I could now. "What did you need help with?"

"I was going to take Finn down today. I wanted your help." she looked down at Erik again. "But it seems like your hands are full right now."

"I can still help." I sighed as I glanced at the bed again.

***********************************

I stood outside the church, waiting for Finn to show up. I looked over at Hayley as she also hid in the shadows with me. "How's Erik?" she whispered to me.

"He should be waking up soon," I said to her. I listened outside to any movement.

"Did you do a spell to wake him?" she asked as we both heard the same thing outside the doors.

"Nope, it might have damaged him more," I said as I watched Adien's body fly through the doors and slide across the ground. "I didn't want to hurt him any more than before," I hushed as Finn stepped into the church, completely passing us. He stepped into the church while glancing around for any signs of Cami.