Chapter 34 Exquisite Corpse

I just stepped out of the room to get a book from the office when I heard a thump. My mind snapped to the door. I sped from Klaus's office to find Bex standing over an injured Hayley. I quickly grabbed her arm and pulled her away from Hayley. I slammed her into the wall beside us, with my body in between Hope and Bex. "What the hell are you doing?" I asked her as my face heated up. However, Bex lifted her hand, and the magic slammed into me. I gasped and fell to my knees as a mind-numbing headache ran through my brain. I heard the thundering sounding of Klaus's boots as he made his way into the room.

"Rebekah, what are you doing?" Klaus asked his sister as she shot more energy at him, making him kneel to the ground in pain. Hayley instantly stood up and ran at her, But Bex stopped her.

My face heated up as the pain instantly left my mind. I stood up and grabbed ahold of the witch's neck. Her hand lifted up to give me hurt me again. "Sorry, you're gonna have to try harder than that if you want my daughter." The energy around the room slammed into her, forcing her back away from Hope's crib. She stood up slowly as something weakened her. She glared at me as she instantly turned around and climbed out the window. I made my way to Hope to make sure she was okay as Klaus and Hayley stood up. "Well, that was interesting," I said as my hand gently touched Hope's soft one.

**************************

I stood in the office with Hope in my arms as she held the end of my hair. Marcel and Hayley stood next to me as Klaus stepped over to the chest on the bookshelf. "I should stop packing them away. There's always one family member or another in need of a good shackling." I rolled my eyes as Hope cooed. "Find Rebekah, or Eva, or whoever the bloody hell that was. Use these to stop her from doing magic. And don't hurt her. The non-psychopathic bits are still my sister."

"I won't be the only one looking for her. She killed the witch kids." Marcel explained as he took the chains from Klaus. "The 24-hour hold that Elijah got the covens to agree to ended at midnight. Every with in the city is gonna be gunning for her."

"Including me," I commented as Hayley stepped over to say Hi.

Klaus looked over towards us as he thought about the situation. "Got to Elijah. Get him to charm his elderly witch into calling off the hunt."

Hayley scoffed as I answered. "And leave Hope? Don't you think I should stay and protect our daughter?"

"Jackson and the pup have been working night and day to secure this compound, surrounding it with their werewolf army, not to mention that I'm here," Klaus stated as he looked at our daughter.

"I wish you wouldn't call him that," I muttered as I glanced down at Hope as she smiled up at me.

"And I know the best way to protect our child is to get Rebekah out of that serial killer's body and back into the original model." He said as he stepped closer to us. He leaned down and took Hope gently from my arms, and kissed her head.