Chapter 8 The casket girls

I walked around the compound, looking around

I walked around the compound, looking around. Yesterday, I didn't really do anything. I was still mourning the loss of my best friend. He left New Orleans without remembering my child and me. Without a goodbye but I already knew that he left. I sighed as I turned the corner, only to find Elijah and Hayley. I smiled as I looked at them. I leaned on the wall next to the door as Hayley asked Elijah to help with the zipper. He pulled it down. They both seemed to be in their own world as they held each other's presence. Elijah appeared to remember something as he left the room through the other door. I leaned off the wall when I knew he was gone. "You know, you don't have to be so guarded with Elijah. I don't think Klaus will really care if you two got together." I said as I stepped into the room. She seemed to jump at the sound of my voice as I stepped closer.

"I know." She said as she undressed. "But they have just barely gotten on speaking terms. I don't want to get in the way of that." She explained as she put on her regular clothes.

"Elijah and Klaus have been fighting for centuries. You being with Elijah won't cause them to fight any more or less." I said as I picked up the white dress to look at. "But, you go at your own pace." I smiled as I looked over my shoulder.

"How are you doing with everything?" She asked as I set the dress down. "I mean with Tyler."

"I will get better with time." I sighed as I stood in front of the mirror to see my bump. "It hurts, but I know it's for the best. Plus, now I don't have to worry about Klaus killing him anytime soon."

"Are you sure?" she looked concerned as she stepped closer.

"It's better that he doesn't know. That is what I kept telling myself yesterday. I wanted many times to go after him and take the spell back. But then, when he left the city, I knew it was too late." I sighed as I felt my stomach. "The spell will last for the rest of his life. I have nothing to worry about. I just wish I didn't have to do it." I said with a few tears coming to my eyes. "Nothing, I can do about it now," I spoke with a sad smile. I turned to leave the room as Hayley stayed in the room. I leaned on the railing as Klaus and Marcel made their way into the library. I watched as they went in without looking at me. I tipped off the railing and walked into the office.

"You don't have to be Sherlock Holmes to know the obvious," Klaus said as I stepped into the room. He turned his head to watch me as I sat down at the desk. "Our secret weapon has escaped."

"She wouldn't just leave," Marcel said softly. "She knows the witches want her back."

"Wow, only a day in charge, and you have lost a teenager," I commented with a smirk. "Great job." Klaus stepped over to me with a look that said for me to be quiet. Because of the hormones that have affected me these past few days, he doesn't dare to actually say it.

"Her violin is missing," Elijah stated as he walked into the office. "She may have left of her own volition."

"What did you say to her in the attic?" Marcel asked him as he stepped closer. "She lied to my face so she could stay up there thinking that you'd help her control her magic. How do we know that you didn't take her?"