SEVENTEEN

Word Count: 2473

I stare out the window, the rain trailing down in rivets suiting my mood.

The building in front of me that block my view of the city seems to be taunting me today. I feel trapped, confused and even a little bored. I haven't heard from Cian in over two weeks, and because I'm scared of facing Lev after him encouraging me to decide whether I want to be with him or not, I'm bound to my room.

Everyday I've gone to work, and Cian hasn't been in his cell. It made the staff panic for awhile, some even too scared to come to work, although it hasn't bothered me. I know that wherever he is gone, it's far away, and his intentions are to hurt other people, not me or that staff at the facility.

Because Cian has been gone, I haven't been able to do my job in gaining his trust, although it seems I may have already blew it.

And if I'm honest, I'm worried. I'm worried for Noah, and even a little for Cian.

A knock sounds from downstairs, making me flinch. Lev and I don't have guests often, and since Cian has gone missing, I've been on high alert. Pulling my attention away from rainy view outside, I look out into the living room, seeing Lev passed out asleep on couch, his movie still on.

Releasing a long breath, I stalk down the stairs, wary of whoever stands by the door. It could be Renna, who I have encouraged to come visit me, although something tells me I'm being too hopeful.

Opening the door, it reveals Stace.

He stands there in the rain, dark hair plastered to his forehead, although that smirk on his face isn't diminished by the foul weather. I flinch back, Stace being the last person I expected to be standing at the door of my apartment.

"Woah...Stace," I breathe.

"May I come in?" he asks, motioning to the sky and then to clothing, which is almost completely drenched through. How long has he been standing in the rain for? When I look out onto the street, I don't see a car anywhere, which means he either walked, or appeared out of nowhere.

What is more pressing, is that Stace wants to come into my home. I'm not sure whether I want him to, at least not while Lev is here. The last thing I want is to involve him in any of this business with Noah, Stace and Cian.

"No, my friend is home," I tell mutter lowly, closing the door until there is only crack for me to look through.

"He won't mind," he says dismissively, pushing back onto the door so I have no other choice but to back up, nearly stumbling over my own ankles.

"You can't just-"

I'm cut off, as he steps inside, closing the door behind him. He regards me silently for a moment, raising a taunting eyebrow, daring me to physically push him back out. He terrifies me enough as it is, with those strange tattoos, tall stature and obsidian eyes that seem like dark pools of endless shadows.

"We have a lot to talk about, Abella," he tells me firmly, dripping all over the wooden floor. I shift uncomfortably, already knowing this is about Cian, and how I told the Immortal way too much. "And not very much time."

Stace starts walking up the stairs toward the main apartment, making me roll my eyes, knowing I have no other choice to follow him. "Can we at least keep it to my room?"

"Do you invite all your guests into your bedroom?" he questions, looking over his shoulder at me before he emerges into the living room, making me wince, knowing my best friend is going to hear that and be suspicious. I watch Lev startle at the sight of him, sitting up in his chair anxiously.