TWENTY FOUR

Alpha Isaiah is now on Wattpad! Go check it out (:

Word Count: 1731

¬Amolet

It takes all my self control not to turn around and run down the snowy mountain and away from the immortal that stands before me.

"Cian was just looking for you," I breathe, looking past him, motioning toward his own estate. Lev is still beside me as well, making it painfully obvious to Sinful that his presence before us is petrifying. His lavender eyes gleam with enjoyment, suggesting he is getting quite the kick out of our reactions.

"Can I invite you inside?" he asks softly, his voice like the snow falling gently around us. Something tells me Lev and I should be going anywhere with him alone.

I exchange a wary glance with Lev. "I think it would be better if we wait for Cian."

Sinful raises a brow. "He's already inside."

He isn't going to let us wait out here for Cian, I can tell. Even though I don't want to walk inside with him, if I keep refusing him, I have no idea how he is going to react.

"Alright..." I breathe, wrapping my hand around Lev's, tugging on him to follow. Sinful smiles, turning his back to us to lead us up the path toward his home. Ice crunches under my feet as I pick my way warily up the stairs, watching as Sinful waves his hand and the front door opens. The faint taste of magic lingers in my mouth, making me shiver.

"Names?" he asks as we step inside the foyer of his home, the doors blowing closed behind us.

"I'm Amolet, this is Leven." There's little point lying to him, I imagine he can either read our minds, or can read our expressions.

"How did you happen to get wrapped up with my brother?" he asks, pausing in the middle of the foyer, right below a magnificent chandelier that glitters with extravagance that still can't match Sinful's. I want to tell him Cian isn't his real brother, that their only attachment is that they are Sin's, but I keep quiet.

"It's a long story," I mutter, rubbing the back of my neck. "I'm sure he will explain it to you."

Sinful's eyes narrow slightly, nearly missable, before his gaze shifts to my friend beside me, to our interlocked hands. "And who are you, Leven? Amolet's lover, I'm assuming."

"No, he's not," I say before Lev has a chance to speak, to say something to dig us in a deeper hole then what we are in now.

Can Sinful sense the tension between Lev and I? He is Lust, and my best friend did recently admit to me that he has deep feelings for me. We still haven't spoken about it, having been too distracted with Cian and Noah and Stace. I'm silently grateful for it, still not having been able to make up my mind on what I want.