FORTY SIX

Word Count:

*Explicit Content Warning - Read At Your Own Risk!*

~Amolet

Cian didn't give me much of a chance to thank Aven and big her goodbye before he transported me away.

My eyes are still closed when my feet touch the ground, and I don't get the chance to open them again before I'm pulled toward Cian, my body flush against his as his lips find mine.

I allow myself a single selfish moment, relishing in a single kiss that I've wanted to give him since I woke in Death's realm. I wish I never had to end this, as I melt into his arms, letting the warmth of him envelope me.

Finally I pull away, pressing my palms firmly against his chest. "Woah...before that, I should explain something."

Cian keeps his arms banded around me, contemplating ignoring me as his eyes glances down to my lips.

"I know. You're here...How?" he sighs.

"A portal. Don't worry about that," I dismiss. I've got more important matters on my mind, and if I don't talk about it now, I'm going to go crazy. "Aven, that girl is Stace's mate."

"Seriously? How do you know?" he questions.

Part of me is sad that I Aven has been given such a horrible fate in being paired to Stace. Now she is going to be in the centre of everything, being that she is Stace's one weakness, and he is very aware of us knowing that. I don't want her to get hurt, but it seems she's the one thing we need to take Stace down.

"Some guy approached me, told me he was hired by Stace to look after her. He's from Stace's realm." The thought of Eryk makes me shudder. Did Stace hire him to protect her from people like us, or is there something more sinister out there that wants her?

"Right. And you happened to come across her home?" He raises his brows.

"It's all very strange, I know. It can't be a coincidence, since I came from the portal from Death's realm and basically walked right into her arms," I exclaim, rubbing the back of my neck. Cian has let me go now, and all I can do is stroll back and forth, thinking.

He's taken me all the way to the immortal realm again, to his apartment that looks over a city I am yet to explore. Now that I'm an immortal too, maybe I'll be more welcome down there.

"Good. Now we have something against him." Cian seems near elated. I wish I could share in the happiness that we are close to killing Stace.

I look out toward the city. "Where is Stace?"

"Not sure now. He came to me after he killed you, wanted to make it clear that any plans I had to hurt him would lead to people I care about getting hurt..." he admits, brows creasing.

It's obvious Cian isn't used to having someone near him that he cares about. Before, he could do as he pleased, with little consequences, and now, he has a mate...But I'm not going to be his weak point. Not now that I am immortal, and I have these powers. I'm going to be the one to finally kill Stace.

"We are going to kill him. Then we can concentrate on us," I tell him firmly.

He watches me through a hooded gaze, a few feet away from me. The city lights coming in through the window behind me glitter in his eyes, making the gold in his hair come bright in contrast to the dark strands.

"I've come to love you more than anything, Amolet."

I come to rest my palms on his chest. "I love you too."

He smiles softly, before dipping his head down to kiss me again. This time, I don't hesitate, kissing him back with as much vigour, clasping my hands around either side of his head. There is far too much to worry about in this world. And yet when I'm here with Cian, it's like nothing else exists aside from him.