Chapter 11- Coming Home

"White Tiger"

2013 Copyright © All Rights Reserved.

Stryder Sweetman.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 11

We’d shifted into our fastest forms, Jeremy awkwardly flailing through the air as he clung to Willow’s back like a koala as she flew onward in griffin form, a small saddle on her back.

I was, of course, as my Primary shift, soaring through the sky with little care in the world for the dangers of being seen.

Ani decided to be creative, as always, and shocked us all with her debut as a rainbow kitten with large purple wing sprouting from her back like small clouds. She was happily bobbing alongside us with a pleased grin on her small, petite, kitten face.

We flew North-East and only stopped for meals. Within a week, we were in the same town we’d left a year ago.

Once we hit the ground across the street from the pack house, we shifted back. Jeremy climbed off Willow’s back, shakily combing his fingers through his hair in an attempt to fix it. Ani pouted as she turned back in to her strawberry-blonde self, wearing a red mullet dress and mega-heels.

Willow had purple streaks in her hair, a silver halter neck dress and matching silver converse.

I shifted into the real me, with the silver hair, black streaks, and green eyes. With a strapless black mini-dress with silver studs and matching black heels with silver spikes, I pulled off the ‘don’t mess with me’ look.

We crossed the street, preparing for our ‘big entrance’, Ani cracking a joke about how Jeremy needed to walk, because he was gaining weight from sitting still the whole time we flew.

We finally arrived at the driveway after about ten minutes of walking and no, my feet weren't killing me... Yet.

It was shocking to see the pack house hadn't changed one bit since we had left. There were even the dying hibiscus flowers outside the gate.

What was even more shocking, was the fact that there wasn't a single person outside the building.

Didn't they know we were coming?

I shared a glance with Willow and she looked just as confused as me.

Maybe they were waiting inside, or they weren't told by the Alpha temporarily leading the pack? Maybe the Alpha wanted to keep it a surprise?

We walked to the front door, and Willow grabbed Jer's hand and smiled at him.

I pushed open the door, but there was no one in the hall. Listening carefully, I could distinguish the sound of breathing. It was coming from all around us, as if there were a hundred people leaning against the door to hear what was happening.

No one came out to say hello. Everything was deathly silent except for their breathing.

All of a sudden, footsteps sounded, walking down the hall next to the one we were in. Down the dimly lit corridor stood the figure of a man.

I could tell by the scent that it was not the Alpha, but there was still power in his posture. Perhaps he was the Beta or third-in-command?

The figure briefly paused before continuing his pace down the hall toward us. I wondered whether they had dimmed the lights just to add a sense of mystery. I smirked at the thought.