Chapter 8- Georg

"White Tiger"

2012 Copyright © All Rights Reserved.

Stryder Sweetman.

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 Chapter 8

“Do not become too cocky- as soon as you become over-confident, you miss the tiniest things, and they will be your down fall.”

“Yes, Alpha.” I replied, grunting as he sent another kick toward my head. I quickly dodged it, spinning to ensure it did not hit me.

As soon as I turned to strike back, I felt a force behind me, and I couldn’t see Georg. I was on my stomach, flat on the ground before I even realised what was happening.

I heard his sigh as I slowly rolled over. “Ben, I told you not to turn your back unless you are absolutely certain they can’t use it against you.”

I slowly sat up, rolling my shoulders as I groaned. “But did you have to hit me so hard?” I asked, feeling the bruise forming on my back. “I get it, ok? I’m trying. I just need some more practice.”

Georg nodded, his sandy blonde hair flopped into his eyes, so he shook his head, flipping it away. “Besides, if we’re talking about disadvantages, you need to get a haircut. Then you get two positive outcomes- one, you don’t have to flip your hair like a twelve year old, and two, your face will scare your opponent so bad that they won’t fight back.” I joked.

He had the appearance of a 25 year old, but I knew his real age was something close to 50. Georg was the head of a lion pride, and had agreed to help me with my training, and we had been here for a month.

He had been running the pack for 30 years, and had an alliance with Marc. I had arrived here a month after leaving, as we had been in Paris for a while. Ani had been obsessed with the thought of finding her mate there.

Marc had told Georg my secret, trusting him enough to tell him I was a Tigenre. We had decided to keep it quiet until I was prepared to fight for myself. The people out there who had killed my bloodline were likely after me.

For now, Georg’s pack believed I was just a fellow pack’s training Alpha. He hadn’t let anyone know about my talents.

I had done a bit of research on my family’s deaths, and was shocked to see that there was little evidence as to what happened. Clearly the records of their murders weren’t in human files, so I had to make some calls, and even with the influence of Marc and Georg by my side, I still hadn’t been able to learn too much.

It was likely that the only way to get any information would be to announce my heritage, but they wouldn’t believe me without proof. I was forced to assume that they hadn’t caught the killers, otherwise there would’ve been a big deal and it wouldn’t have been kept a secret.

“Benina, I’m proud you’ve improved so quickly. The first time you hit me, I barely felt it. At least now the punches you throw give me bruises.” Georg stated, grinning as he patted me on the back. He stood in the doorway of the gym and looked over his shoulder as he walked out. “That’s enough for now.”

I grinned at him even though he couldn’t see it. I grabbed my water bottle and took a swig, closing the lid and packing it in my bag.

I wiped the sweat from my forehead and swung the backpack over my shoulder. I left the gym, heading out to the little hut he had assigned to me and my friends on his pride land.