Chapter 30- Feast

"White Tiger"

2013 Copyright © All Rights Reserved.

Stryder Sweetman.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 30

I woke up, a jumble of feelings rushing through my stomach. There was suspicion and confusion involving the scuffle with Ophelia yesterday, there was the tiredness of just having woken up, but my main feelings were of excitement for that day's feast.

I leapt out of bed and bolted toward my door, shifting into a white dress and black converse on the way. I headed down stairs and inhaled the scent of freshly cooked food, I could smell spaghetti, soup, cake, and all sorts of delicious foods.

The event would start around three in the afternoon, but my mouth was already watering in anticipation. I walked into the kitchen and snatched a bread roll and some butter, dodging away from Macy as she tried to smack my hands away.

She rolled her eyes and went back to cooking while I grinned cheekily at her, exiting the kitchen. I was surprised to see so many men helping out with the cooking, clearly my speech about equality had encouraged them to do things that weren't manly' if they wanted to.

I headed into the dining room, where I was greeted by Jason, who had Morte on his shoulder. He was grinning like a Cheshire cat and I was shocked when I found the reason why, Morte was absolutely gorgeous. She was so close to being mature that I could barely tell she wasn't.

The only sign that she wasn't mature was the few brown baby feathers poking out here and there. Morte was holding her head high; clearly proud that she was nearly an adult. I grinned at them and headed over.

Jason bent down and placed a small kiss on my lips and I blushed. He had been getting more confident lately, kissing me when he felt brave. I grinned at him and sat at the table. He followed suit, sitting next to me and watching as I cracked the roll in half and handed it to him.

I smeared butter over both halves and began to eat mine. I giggled as Morte darted off of Jase's shoulder and bit off a piece of the bread, swallowing it before Jason could get it back. She gave him a smug look and ruffled her feathers proudly.

"She's been getting way too confident lately, someone needs to take her down a notch." Jason muttered, pretending to be irritated by Morte as he ate his bread. I could see that he loved Morte, like his best friend, and she clearly returned the affections.

I found it super cute, because I understood the feelings- they were the same feelings I felt toward Kaz. There was an understanding that only best friends could have. I might get annoyed by Kaz, but it wouldn't overpower my adoration for him. I could see that they had the same kind of bond.

I finished my half of the roll and stood. "I'm going to the lake, you guys wanna come?" I asked.

"Sure, that sounds like a great idea!" He agreed.

I left him to finish his bread roll and went to get the others. I headed upstairs and got Willow and Jeremy, they agreed to come down in a few minutes, and then I went to go get Ani.

When I approached her door, I heard her talking to someone on the phone, "I-I know, d-don't worry, I p-promise I will. I s-swear, just please don't, please don't do anything. Ok, bye."

Her voice sounded shaky and scared, so burst in. She squealed in shock and dove behind her shelf, shaking in fear.

"Ani! Are you ok?" I asked, slowly walking toward her. When she realised it was me, she stood up and straightened out her clothes.