Chapter 9- Xavier

Picture of Jeremy >>>

"White Tiger"

2012 Copyright © All Rights Reserved.

Stryder Sweetman.

~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 9

I finished my last lap, coming to a stop in front of Xavier. I bent over with my hands on my knees and took some deep breaths.

“Good job, Ben!” He grinned.

I frowned; he had picked up the pace in our workouts lately.

“Come on then!” He ordered as he jogged away from the oval.

I groaned, “Xavier, can’t I take a five minute break without you running off and leading me somewhere?”

I sighed and began to jog after him, wiping the sweat from my face.

Xavier was the alpha of the Wolf pack in Canada, titled ‘The Red Moon’ pack. He had agreed to train me, as he was a friend of Georg and Marc. He was only 20 years old, with a mate, Josie, and a pack of loyal shifters.

Of course, these things came easily to him, as from a young age it was obvious he would be a great alpha. He was carefree and charismatic, which was why most were drawn to him. I had been training with him since I’d left Georg’s pride a month or two ago to continue my training elsewhere.

“Don’t tell me the great Tigenre, who gained her wings at such a young age, is getting tired?” He teased up ahead.

I rolled my eyes, though he couldn’t see it, and sped up my pace to catch up with him.

“Alpha!” a voice called.

We stopped before Simon, the Beta of the pack.

“Yes, Simon?”

“Josie is asking for you.”

“What about?”

“She wouldn’t say, please, just go.” Simon seemed flustered.

“Ok, Ben, you can take a break for a while.” Xavier ordered.

“Yes!” I cried, immediately turning and running in the direction of my camp.

I raced inside my tent, throwing myself on the small mattress, and prepared to take a nap.

“Uh, Ben?” Someone poked my shoulder.

“Mmmm?” I muttered, swatting their hand away.

“Ben,” poke, “Ben.”

I moaned, lazily batting away their hand again. “Ben, its important.” Poke, poke.

I rolled over and opened one eye. Ani was standing beside the mattress, bent over to poke again. She was flushed, and looked excited.

“What?” I snapped.

“Uh, it’s Josie. She wants you to go see her and Xavier.”

I frowned, huffing as I climbed to my feet.

“This better be worth it…” I muttered.

I lazily strolled toward their house, pulling my hair into a loose bun and tying it up as I walked. I pushed open the door and found my way to the lounge room, where I could hear Josie chattering excitedly.