Chapter 12- A Mate's Betrayal

Thought i would stir things up a bit! :) This chap is in Ani's POV and it is continuing from chapter 10, so no, nothing at all to do with New Years... :(

Enjoy!

Stry.

"White Tiger"

2013 Copyright © All Rights Reserved.

Stryder Sweetman.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 12

Ani

I ran past the two of them, into Ben’s room, leaping onto her bed and moaning into the pillow. That was a catastrophe. I hissed at Bella, my Primary Shift.

Oh great, she muttered sarcastically, we spend a year searching for our soul mate, and the second you see him, you go running off.

I took deep breaths, trying to cease my hyperventilating. I groaned, rolling on to my back as I stared at the ceiling.

Just think of rainbows. I told myself.

Rainbows. Shifting in to a rainbow had always been a dream of mine. Concentrating on rainbows made me want to shift in to one.

“Rainbow powers! Activate!” I cried, leaping off the bed.

I looked at my feet, shocked to see the ground closer than usual. I sighed as the realisation struck me. “Not again…” I muttered.

Green and white striped socks disappeared into shiny green shoes, white tights covered my legs before leading under a green suit with a belt.

I was a Leprechaun. Again.

I reached up to my face, cringing at the sensation of facial hair under my fingers. I peered at my reflection in the mirror behind the door. My beard was a bright orange, and it connected with matching orange hair.

“Orange hair is so ugly!” I groaned, “I’m glad I have red hair.”

I stared at my reflection and frowned. I grumbled and huffed as I skipped back to the bed. It was something you had to do when you were in leprechaun form- like a Kangaroo hops, and a fish swims, a leprechaun skips.

So as long as I was a Leprechaun, no matter how down I felt, I had to skip.

Before I could shift back, I saw movement out of the corner of my eye. I turned to see Ben standing at the door with a confused expression on her face. Then I remembered why I was grumpy in the first place.

Nixon.

My mate.

Before I could sink back in to a completely out of character depression, Ben did something that slightly baffled me. She shifted in to a Leprechaun as well, and started giggling.

She skipped around me in circles, chanting in her best Irish accent, “To be sure, to be sure you'll be top o' the mornin' an' we'll hop on over to the pub! We'll buy a pint or two, and I’ll talk to you then we'll show your dear mate some lub!" She repeated it about three times until I was left lying on the floor, crying from laughter because of the pure weirdness of the moment.

She collapsed, laughing along-side me.

"Lub is the best rhyme you can come up with for pub?" I asked her.