Chapter 7- Unexpected Neighbour

Love Nickelback! Photograph is my favourite song. >>>

"White Tiger"

2012 Copyright © All Rights Reserved.

Stryder Sweetman.

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 7

I woke up in the morning with my limbs feeling stiff and achy from the springy old hotel mattress.  I climbed out of the bed, the springs creaking under my weight, and I walked into the small bathroom attached to my room.

I looked in the mirror and saw I had a serious case of bed head. I sighed shifted so that my hair was neat and straight, a pair of blue jeans, sneakers and a red singlet as my chosen outfit.

As I was exiting the bathroom, Willow and Stephani burst in the door. They were both still in the triplets disguise and were wearing jeans, sneakers and tank tops. Ani had on a blue tank top, Willow a dark purple.

I walked over to them as Willow impatiently tapped her foot. “Can we move to the next town?” She asked.

“After breakfast, I also wanna try another form. I've only been my Tiger so far.” I replied.

“Fine…” She grumbled.

I grabbed my credit card and followed them out the door. As we walked down the hall, a door opened, and out walked a 6'2" shirtless guy with tan skin and dark hair. He was ripped.

Ani and Willow tensed, but I didn't understand why. His scent was weird, the faint whiff of pine needles making my skin tingle.

Werewolf! Ani and Willow both said in my head in unison.

Oh, that's why he smelt weird. What's wrong? I asked.

Werewolves are territorial! I think we’re on another pack's land… We should’ve brought a map… Willow sighed, before ordering, Change your scent, quickly!

I did the first thing I could think of- I copied his scent.

His head snapped around and he stared at me, “Wolf.” He growled, “What are you doing in my pack's land?” He asked, “Are you a rogue?”

I gulped and turned to look at Willow, who was giving me a death glare. Idiot! She growled.

“Uh... We come in peace?” Ani tried.

Face palm.

“Ani…” I moaned.

“I will only ask one more time: What, are you doing here?” The werewolf hissed.

Libeth didn't like that, and I was in a panicking state, so I couldn’t be held responsible for my actions. I accidentally managed to punch him in the face… Using all my force.

“KO!” Ani cried happily as he fell to the floor, unconscious.  I just stared at my fist. Then I felt the pain.

I shook my hand and growled under my breath, I wasn’t sure if I had broken a knuckle or something. I shoved my hand in my jean pocket, hiding it from sight.

“Let's go get some breakfast before we come and grab our bags- and run away from the scary werewolf pack that will come looking.” I suggested. They both nodded and we walked away, leaving an unconscious wolf shifter in the hallway.

We arrived at a small diner, pushing open the doors and strolling inside. It was a normal diner, with cream walls, local artists’ paintings for sale, some tables and chairs. We slid into a booth by the window and looked at the menus already set out on the table.