Chapter 3 - Aelin

"Fenrys?" I called out as I realised, I wasn't in the coffin.

He licked my hand, and I turned my head to see him next to me on a large bed. He blinked five times.

'This is real, you are awake.'

"You're out, you're free." A female voice said from next to me.

My eyes went from Fenrys to a female with long brown hair and grey eyes.

"Your wolf made sure no harm came to you." She told me.

I smiled at Fenrys, his was apparently taking his new blood oath very seriously. He licked my hand, and I smiled a little more. I realised my hand wasn't covered in iron.

"The iron." I said, wondering how this entire room wasn't on fire if I had no iron on me.

"It's ok, I got it off you." The woman told me.

I was so confused; I couldn't feel my power pushing for an escape. Fenrys just stood and licked my ear. I reached up and found it curved, I was in my human form.

"Are you ok?" The woman asked.

"Yeah," I replied, I didn't want to give too much away.

"Where am I?" I asked, my body didn't hurt as I sat up and I saw that I was no longer in that shift.

"You're in the Night Court." I told her.

I glanced at Fenrys wondering if he knew where that was, he shook his head.

"I don't know where that is." I told her, she looked surprised by that.

"Where are you from?" She asked in return.

"Terresen." I told her; everyone knew Terresen.

"I don't know that, and I know a lot of the human lands." She replied, my eyes widened as I realised what this could mean.

"Do you know who Mala is?" I asked.

"No," she replied, frowning. Oh gods, I'm in another world.

"Fenrys, did we get here through a portal?" I asked him, just needing to confirm. He nodded.

I buried my face in his neck and began to sob, how could I help my family if I wasn't even in the same world as them anymore?