Chapter 10 - Feyre

After telling Emrys my story and him saying he will keep it and tell others it almost made me feel lighter.

"Rowan will be here tomorrow evening, or that is what he said," Emrys was telling Aelin.

"Ok, we are going to train outside for a bit, I'll help you with dinner like I used to." Aelin was saying.

"I'll help too," I pitched in.

"Thank you both, go and enjoy your afternoon." Emrys said with a smile.

We walked outside and I tapped my gem twice, the armour snaked over my body, stopping at my neck and wrists but covering my feet with boots.

"Now that is cool." Aelin said with a laugh.

"Cheers, Cassian knows me so well." I said with a grin "So, what do you want to do?" I asked.

"Can we start with our mental shields; I just want to make sure my mind is guarded for when we inevitably face Maeve again." She said with a shudder.

"Ok, that isn't a physical thing though, ideally we should be sat in a calm quiet place." I said with a frown.

"Ok, let's go into the woods and find a nice clearing." She said, beginning to walk.

It wasn't long before we found a clearing with a small stream.

"Perfect," I said with a smile, sitting down.

"So how do you stop someone like you getting in your head?" she asked.

"I want you to close your eyes, imagine a wall forming around your mind, make the wall out of whatever you feel most comfortable with, mine is black stone. You should always continue building your wall until it is truly impenetrable." I told her, she gave me a nod and closed her eyes.

I followed her to her mind and watched as a wall of flames sprung up, glowing brighter and brighter the more she thought about it. I pulled back and glanced at Fenrys.

"Are you doing it too?" He dipped his chin, so I reached out to his mind too.

His shield was solid white stone. I pulled back and smiled a little to myself. I let them build their shields for a little while.

"Open your eyes." I said and they both did.

"Good, now let's go back, see if you can keep your shield there even when you aren't thinking about it." I told them both and we all stood.

"How long have we been here?" Aelin asked.

"Not sure, I was watching you both build your shields." I said as we began walking.

"I hope we aren't too late back, Emrys won't be impressed if we are." Aelin said.

We weren't too late back in the end, a note appeared in the table as I was chopping vegetables, a pen clattering next to it.

"What?" Luca was staring at it, I just smiled, picking it up.

'Are you ok?'

I picked up the pen and wrote him a reply,

'You worry too much, I'm fine, I'm at a fortress called Mistward, Aelin trained in her magic here apparently.'

I banished the pen and held the note in my hand until it vanished.

"Are you sending magic notes?" Luca asked, wide eyed.

"My mate was worried about me, as we can't talk through the bond because he is still in my home world we are making do with written notes." I told him as I went back to chopping.