Chapter 6 - Feyre

As soon as I set us down in the middle of nowhere I ran a couple of steps away from her and knelt down next to the wolf, wrapping my arms around him and shielding us as the forest exploded into flame.

I could hear Celaena screaming as the fire rushed past us, Fenrys clawed at the edge of my shield but I didn't remove it.

The fire flowed past us for a good five minutes before suddenly stopping. I took the shield down and Fenrys ran to Celaena's side while I used my ice and wind to put the fire out before it burnt down the whole forest.

I went over to Celaena and knelt down next to her; she was panting.

"It's ok, you're ok" I told her, she looked up at me and I realised that she was now fae.

"You're fae." I told her.

"I'm demi-fae," she replied, like that answered everything.

"Sorry about that, I just needed to take the edge off before it consumed me." she gave me a sheepish smile.

"That was you taking the edge off?" I asked in surprise.

"Yeah, it is, there is a whole lot more where that came from, I'm a fire bringer." She told me, still panting.

"Come on, let's get you back home before you freeze to death." She looked down at herself.

"Damn, I thought I had gotten past burning my clothes off." she half laughed.

I took her hand and Fenrys's paw and winnowed them back to the bedroom in the town house, passing her another set of clothes. She pulled them on, and we went back downstairs.