Chapter 17 - Aelin

I fell back into my body and fell on my ass with a hiss. My palms were smooth once more, Dorian was also sitting and Feyre was gone, hopefully back in Velaris.

"Aelin?" Rowan's voice said.

"I'm fine buzzard, Deanna took Erawan, and Mala took Maeve so apparently every valg in this world should be dead." I replied.

Over the next week we quick marched to Terresen and I saw all of the bodies on the plain outside the city, all in black armour. I charged with Rowan to the gates then dismounted, remembering that I wasn't allowed in the city.

The gates swung open, and all of my friends surged out, Lysandra, Aedion, Manon and the Thirteen, Galan, Ansel, Ilias, Rolfe, Ren then walking behind them, Darrow and Evangeline.

I knelt down as the little girl ran for me, I picked her up, swinging her around. I set her down as Lysandra walked over and hugged me tightly.

"Never ask me to be you ever again," she hissed.

"Duly noted," I replied.

"I thought I told you to never come here," Darrow asked.

"You know I just won you the whole war, the least you could say is thank you." I replied.

"How did you do that, you weren't even here!" he growled.

"I just gave up a third of my life force to put three slithers of stone in an invisible gate that banished the valg back home, I was supposed to give all of my life but Dorian and a woman from another world each gave a third as well so we are all still alive." I explained.

"A woman from another world?" Aedion questioned.

"Yeah, it's a long story, am I allowed in or not?" I asked Darrow.

"Yes." He replied and I walked through the gates with tears in my eyes.

I was home. We all walked up to the palace and I started to cry fully as I took in the throne room.

I walked over to the throne and got on my knees before it. I bowed my head and allowed the memories of this place to flow though me, I cried more as each one surfaced like no one else was in the room.

There was shuffling in front of me and I looked up. The Little Folk were stood there, Mab's crown in their hands.

"I thought if fell in the river," I whispered.

The one holding the crown climbed up a step and carefully set it on my head. I was their queen no matter what Darrow said.

"Thank you," I smiled at them and they scurried off.

I knelt for a little while before standing and turning to face everyone else. Darrow was looking at me in awe.

"The Faerie Queen of the West," Lorcan said, arms crossed.

"I guess I can't compete with the Little Folk," Darrow grumbled.

"It seems you have a story to tell cousin," Aedion told me, blatantly ignoring his father.

"So do you," I replied with a grin.