Chapter 12 - Feyre

We spent the next few weeks traveling to Aelin's home continent. Apparently, we needed to find Dorian as quickly as possible. I kept Rhys updated as I promised I would, and I have been teaching all of them how to shield their minds.

"You miss them, don't you?" Aelin said as she appeared next to me, both of us looking out over the ocean.

"Yes, I can't really complain though, I can still communicate with them." I said with a sigh.

"It's not the same though, you are allowed to miss them," she told me with a small smile.

"Aelin, we have a problem!" Rowan called.

We looked at each other before running to see what it was.

"A ruk ridder was just spotted, I went to them and apparently there is a siege on Anielle." Rowan said, stone faced.

"So that is where we go, Chaol's family is there." Aelin replied.

It took us about an hour to see land then a further hour to actually dock. We tied the boat up then followed Aelin. She strode confidently into the city and walked over to a large tent.

As soon as she pulled the flaps open and walked in the tent fell silent. Aelin was staring at a male, tears began running down her face as he took a limping step over.

"You did it," she half laughed half cried as she flung her arms around the man.

"I had help," he replied with a small laugh.

"Yrene Towers," Aelin said with a warm smile as a woman appeared at the man's side.

They wordlessly stared at each other as Yrene opened a locket and pulled out a slip of old looking paper, Aelin took it with a shaking hand.

"Yrene Westfall," the man corrected and Aelin's smile lit up the whole tent.

Rowan walked up to her side and both Yrene and the man had to look up to see his face.

"Chaol, Yrene allow me to introduce Rowan Whitehorn Galathynius, my husband and mate." She said as she looped an arm though his, he just rolled his eyes.

"Nesryn," Aelin said as she turned to a woman who at first glance reminded me of Amren, just taller.

They embraced tightly before everyone turned to the other two people in the tent.

"Aelin meet Prince Sartaq and Princess Hasar," Nesryn introduced.

Aelin bowed low and the other two royals followed suit.

She then turned back to us.

"Rowan you already know, Lord Gavriel who I guess is my uncle, he's Aedion's father," she added when Chaol looked surprised.

"Lorcan, blood sworn," she said grinning at him, he just bared his teeth.

"We're still in the adjustment period," she said with a small laugh.

"The mut is Fenrys, he's also blood sworn to me," she said waving a hand at Fenrys who gave a small bark.

"And the only civilised member of my court, Lady Elide Lochan." She said smiling at the woman as she bobbed a curtsy.

"And the other woman Aelin?" Hasar asked.

Aelin gave me a look as if to say I could introduce myself. I rolled my eyes as I walked to her side.

"Feyre, High Lady of the Night Court, it's like a queen but with more power and no you haven't ever herd of me because I'm from another world." I said crossing my arms.