Chapter 16 - Feyre

I flew for the first couple of days before getting too tired and becoming a wolf, walking alongside Fenrys who was very surprised when I first appeared at his side, I hadn't told anyone what I was planning.

Apparently, we were nearing a place called Endovier, where Aelin had been kept as a slave. Every evening Aelin and Rowan went into a tent and Rowan spent the night tattooing Aelin's back.

As we travelled, I told her what mine meant, the bargains that I had made. Rhys checked in every couple of days, asking how close I was to coming home but every time I had to say that I didn't know.

Rowan screeched and I immediately shifted back to my fae body and grew my wings, tapping my siphon so my armour coated my body as I flew up to him. The army halted as Rowan dove to tell Aelin what he saw.

There was a dark shape flying for us, a massive black beast that I had never seen before. As soon as it got close enough, I began firing ice spikes at it. a wall of flame sprang up and melted them, so I switched to darkness, but an ice shield stopped them too.

"Feyre stop!" Aelin called so I did.

The black shape dove, landing in front of Aelin at the same time I did.

In a flash of light a human man stood where the beast once had.

"Dorian." Aelin greeted.

"So you're the man we need," I said, looking him up and down.

"Er, Aelin, who is she and why does she have wings?" Dorian asked.

Aelin laughed as she hopped off her horse and stood next to me.

"Dorian meet Feyre, High Lady of the Night Court, Feyre, this is King Dorian Hallivard." Aelin told us, still laughing.

"What is a Night Court?" Dorian asked obviously confused.

"I'm from another world and I'm also descended from Elena, I'm going to forge the lock with both of you so none of us die." I told him.

"What is she to you?" He asked.

"Apparently my great grandmother," I replied with a small shudder, being related to Amren really hasn't sunken in yet.

"That would make you like two thousand." Dorian said, brows raised.

"I'm twenty-two," I replied, arms crossed.

"That isn't even possible!" He yelled.

"What part of not from this world do you not understand?" I replied.

"So Elena is in another world and she's your great grandmother?" he asked brows raised.

"Yeah, her name is Amren, and she is mine and my mate's second in command." I told him.

"Well I don't know about you two, but I would very much like to forge this lock and end the war." Aelin cut in.

"I have the keys, we just need to draw the marks." Dorian replied.

"Where do you want to do it Fireheart?" Rowan asked.

"Let's go to Endovier, it would mean Endovier starts and ends my journey." Aelin replied.

I took Aelin's hand and grabbed Rowan's arm, Aelin grabbing Dorian before I winnowed to Endovier, Aelin pointed it out to me on a map the other day.

I looked around the wasteland that we landed in as Aelin drew marks on the ground in her blood. We each slit our palms and each of us took one stone, pressing into our right hands.

We stood in a circle and clasped hands, fire rushed through me, all of us screamed as our power was ripped from us. We were transported to a glowing plain, three people were there, one-woman glowed gold, one glowed silver and a woman in the middle was kneeling between the two, she looked almost blue.

"You did it," the golden woman said, smiling.

"That we did, now take Erawan." Aelin replied.

"That was our end of the bargain and we will fulfil it, Feyre, you may want to say goodbye to Aelin, once the lock is fully forged you will go back to Velaris while the others go back to Endovier," The golden woman continued.

I turned to Aelin and hugged her.

"Thank you for saving me Feyre, I'll miss you." She whispered.

"I'm glad I could help, I hope your kingdom prospers." I told her grinning.

"Yes, how touching, get it done with already," the silver woman hissed.

Aelin held her hand out and a swirling void appeared, with a wave of her hand the kneeling woman vanished and Aelin shed a single tear before turning back to the two others.

"The portal is made, take Erawan and be done with it." she said.

"Aelin, Dorian, you have both been through so much, Deanna will take Erawan, and I will also take Maeve, completely end this war." The golden woman said as she walked forwards, the silver woman glaring at her back.

"Enjoy the rest of your lives," she said as she opened her arms and light flared.

The next thing I knew I was falling. Light flared and I saw blue sky. I stared at the sky as I fell, warm arm grabbed me and I was suddenly looking at my mate's beautiful face.

"Hello Beautiful." He said before the world went dark.