i haven't given up

it's been almost 7 months since i first started trying to shift, and almost exactly 5 months since i started trying to shift to my current dr. I still haven't gotten there, but I know I'm to blame. I haven't properly tried a method in months and I just keep on telling myself it'll happen, but I don't do anything to make it happen. My script is over 100,000 words and I just keep adding to it, I could write a novel at this point. My dr friends feel like my real friends, I know all the top hits of 1955, and I still cry when I think about Len or Dan sometimes. That's how I know I'm meant to shift there.

Hogwarts got old after two months. Less than two months. Sure it's a cool dr and I want to go there, but for my first ever shift it will be to the place I really need to be- and that's where I'm going.

I've taken a lot of comfort in pick-a-pile's on amino, you can find them in the feed of any shifting community and if you search pick-a-pile you'll get several results. I love them because they always resonate. Sometimes I pick the wrong pile, but more often than not I pick the one that seems to fit my dr perfectly, and even when I don't it tends to be the one I decided against that resonates.

I've been back and forth a lot lately between my dorm and my home. I had several papers due over the course of two weeks, then finals, then I had two weeks of spring break at home before returning to my dorm for five days before going back home for Easter, and now I'm back at school for nine more days until my sisters spring break so I can go on vacation with them.

I tell myself that when I go home I'll be comfortable and alone and I can shift, but when I'm there I just want to enjoy the time I have there in my own bed with no roommate, but when I get back to school I do the same thing over again. Most nights I fall asleep listening to oldies ambience, once I even had a near-lucid dream where I was dancing to the songs.

As far as dreams go I started up my reality checks again, though they don't really become routine so much as I see the notification I set and remember, but I don't remember otherwise. I've been remembering my dreams a bit better lately, I had a period where I wasn't really remembering anything much, but I'm back to recording most of what I dream. I have to say I tell myself I'll remember my dream, fall back asleep, and forget it more often than I'd like, but I've been seeing people from my dr more again lately. The most notable of which was a dream where I was cutting a cake and laughing and smiling with Dan and Jerry, an odd pair, but I guess two of the three most important guys to me in my dr.

But I'm not giving up. Even when I have other interests and other things on my mind in the end it always comes back to my DR.

I don't have as much to say on here, but when I have updates I'll keep updating and when I think of something else to write about I'll write it, and I'll always be replying to comments and questions if you have any. I love that people still read this and are continuing to try and shift, because even though it's taking a long time for some of us it will all be worth it when we get there.