trying something new

so on tiktok i found another shifter, her tiktok is @hpsrs and she's given me a lot more confidence, mainly because she's so similar to me. She said that she had a lot of doubts and was never completely sure she would shift, but then she found a method that works for her and she did! So I decided to try her subs playlist (which is in her linktree) and here's how it went.

(also don't mind the fact that i'm listening to christmas music, i'm working on a playlist)

October 30- I first tried her subs the night before Halloween

October 30- I first tried her subs the night before Halloween. I skipped the meditations because I was taking it easy. I wanted to give myself a little break without actually stopping, so I played the subs and visualized my dr as I fell asleep. I also did the piano method but low key because two piano songs were on there, but I didn't go through any doors. Then I just imagined playing truth or truth on veritaserum in the Gryffindor common room, and the next thing I knew I woke up. I was on my back (I never sleep on my back and I'm pretty sure I went to sleep on my side) and I could feel my airpod in. I didn't move and went right back to sleep, amazed I actually fell asleep with an airpod in. I woke up again at 2 am and my airpod had fallen out and was under me. I put it away and went to the bathroom, then I fell asleep saying affirmations. I woke up again at what I thought was 5 am, but the sun was rising (which happens at 7am) so I took a picture, then I realized my roommate was in the bathroom, which confused me, but I went back to sleep. At some point I heard the door when she left for work, and I thought all of these things happened at the same time at 5am but they didn't, it was around 7. I went back to sleep and had a weird dream about the twins, then I woke up for the day.

October 31- It was a special full moon, and Halloween, so I had a lot of confidence in shifting. I tried to keep my vibes up all day. I had my favorite dinner, watched some Halloween episodes of Arthur, and played a round of Among us before bed. When I went to sleep I started the playlist from the beginning, which was two meditations. I did the first one, but the second one was too quiet for me to hear, so I just visualized my dr. This time I focused on a night with Fred in the astronomy tower. A make-up Yule ball I guess. I talked to him, I danced with him, I told him about the dances they made us do in music class in elementary school. Then the piano songs started playing, but the first one was again super quiet it was hard to focus on. The second one went fine, but I got restless shortly after and had to move. Then I moved again, and decided to not bother worrying about it. I moved around a bit more, then fell asleep listening to the subs again. Once again, right at 2am I woke up and my airpod was under me, so I put it away, said affirmations and went to sleep. This time I had even more dreams. The first was a picture of George. I spoke to the picture because I could tell he was thinking of Angelina and he assured me he was thinking of the moon, but the moon wasn't in the picture. I also dreamt that we were escaping somewhere, and Arthur, Lucius, Kingsley Shacklebolt, and a lunch lady were there. They chained us all together so we could apparate safely and then we did, ending up at Hogwarts.

November 1- The whole day I worked on keeping my vibes up and feeling pretty good. I got my work done, I listened to my favorite playlist, and I watched some Hogwarts vr 360 tours to help visualize. I spent the afternoon updating my script, putting in pictures of myself from each year at Hogwarts so I could better visualize 11 year old me. I took a shower and had some ice cream as I watched SNL, but I ended up getting a grade on an assignment I wasn't too happy with, which brought my vibrations down. I tried to not focus on it and let it go, and for the most part I did. I finally finished by listening to some songs from Les Mis I hadn't heard in a while which made me happy and nostalgic. Then I looked through my script a bit and put on the subs playlist. I took out alethias guided meditation because I can't hear it and gives me too much time to let my mind wander and continued on with the piano method. I felt dizzy in the beginning, like I was spinning, and I had some tingles, but once I finished the method my mind wandered and I got restless and moved around for a while before falling asleep. I woke up in the night, my airpod under me again, and looked at the clock. It was 4:44, and a moment later changed to 4:45. I went back to sleep trying to say affirmations as I did, but drifted off quickly. I didn't dream at all and woke up around 8 when my roommate got up for her class. I wasn't disappointed though, in fact I felt even closer than the past few nights. I made my coffee, played among us, then went to start my lecture right at 11:11. The next time I checked my phone it was 11:33, and the next time it was 11:44, and again at 12:44. Even when I don't shift I don't feel discouraged because I know it will happen soon. All the people in my dr feel like my friends and family. Hogwarts feels like my home. I know I'll make it home.

Here are the common room views (the Ravenclaw one is scarily similar to how I imagined it)