Chapter 7

·~

·~

"There is never a time or place for true love. It happens accidentally, in a heartbeat, in a single flashing, throbbing moment"

-Sarah Dessen, The Truth about Forever

·~

Season 3 Episode 1

"The Birthday"

Holly hated.

Hatred would be too soft of a word to explain the way she had been feeling for the past two months that she had spent on the road with two insufferable, grumpy vampires who bickered like an old married couple. There were times when Holly would shout out for them to shut up and silence would overtake the car for the rest of the trip, neither of the men wanted to make her mad for they knew it resulted in someone dying.

And this time, it could be their heads flying.

Their current station was Tennessee, why? Holly had no idea and she preferred not knowing. When it came to Klaus, Holly enjoyed being left oblivious to everything going on that involves him.

But she still cannot lie and say that the hybrid and her hadn't grown closer over the past two months that they were forced to spend together. Which Holly had yet to understand. She didn't understand why he wanted her to come with when all they had been doing is arguing, did he expect her to forgive him for everything he had done?

She already did if that was what he wanted to hear. Holly forgave easily, too easily for that matter. But forgiveness was a natural reaction of hers, how could she not forgive when she herself had done horrible things? Things she still regretted and thought about every single day. People she had killed, places she had ruined, memories she had ripped away and loves she had painted with.

Holly was disappointed. And the trust she had in him was gone, but the man obliviously kept asking why she avoided him like he was an uncured disease. Like the answer to his question wasn't obvious.

One night, as they had waited for Stefan to finish his meal and the job Klaus had given him the hybrid had asked for the millionth time again about what he had done to hurt her? Holly was particularly
annoyed that day, as she watched her brother slowly slip off the edge, she missed home and she missed Damon more than ever on that one day. She missed the girls and she missed school as much as she hated to admit it. Holly wanted nothing more but to be back home yet she was stuck there with the man responsible for everything that had happened yet she could neither blame nor hate him and that annoyed her even more.