Chapter 1

·~

·~

"Better keep my eyes wide open, there's so much that I don't know"

·~

It reeked of ordinary.

There was nothing unusual about the sunlight that peeked through the window and shined upon the messy room of Holly Salvatore. Scattered thoughts that danced in her mind whilst she laid on her stomach on her bed, pondering over a calculus question that she had no idea how to solve.

Calculus was just another border she had no intention of passing through. Despite the centuries she had spent in and out of high school, it still presented a resentful memory. In conclusion, Holly despised the subject.

The blonde girl let out a frustrated groan, tugging on the ends of her hair as tears appeared behind her lashes out of frustration. Holly was always the emotional one, the little things could get a rise out of her. After all, she was Damon's twin sister, besides their physical features the twins also shared a short temper and fuse that is easily lit.

But often times Holly would be the more cold headed one. She knew a way of keeping her emotions at bay without flipping the switch and it often scared her friends at how easy it was for her to convey it. She could go from crying to emotionless and moving on like it never happened in a matter of seconds.

Holly Salvatore was often described as soft and kind. Her soul was made of gold and it reeked of strength that she, herself wasn't aware of. She walked with her head raised high and always in the clouds, her fingers had created the habit of always tapping against her thighs. Constantly creating new melodies.

Holly was the type of girl that can wake fear within as she looks death in the eye and smiles. After her parents had given all their attention to the outer world, both pretending as if she were a ghost and not their daughter, Holly was left with her childhood home and no money. No parents, no love.

Holly couldn't survive on her own, and since her parents had no claim over her, they decided to send her to a foster home. But before they got the chance to, the girl's brothers had agreed to take her in instead.

And she had never loved them more than that. Damon and Stefan Salvatore weren't the greatest of siblings, they might have done some questionable things and made some regrets. But if there was anything they loved and cherished, as well as protected the most was their little sister.

Holly was the exact replica of Damon with her eyes and wit, attachment issues with sarcasm as her defense. She detached herself from her actions and people for she had been disappointed and hurt one too many times. By the people she cared for the most. But despite the cold persona she put up, she still shared the hero heart Stefan had.

Holly Salvatore was the precious jewel of the two brothers. And they would hurt anyone who would touch her. Holly was the middle child in some sort, although sharing a birthday with her eldest brother she was only 22, making him three years older than her. And Stefan was still the youngest, but even so, it didn't make him any less protective of his older sister.