Chapter 12

·~

·~

"How did I find out? Simple. Your nose scrunches when you lie, cute isn't it?"

·~

Season 3 Episode 6
"Smells like Teen Spirit"

"You know, hearing your voice first thing in the morning was not how I expected my first day of freedom to go."

"Oh don't be so glum about it love, you got what you wanted didn't you? You got back home, to your little circus, isn't it lovely?"

"And it would have been a whole lot better if you didn't make Stefan flip his switch. I already had enough problems and now, I have a moody teenager high on blood to deal with too and since I got my freedom I wanna spend it as far away from you as possible so if you could please stop calling me that would be highly appreciated. Bye!"Holly had ended the call on a cherry note, not even waiting for him to respond as she hung the line and groaned in annoyance.

"Klaus?"Caroline had questioned from beside her, a suggestive eyebrow sent her way as Holly sighed.

"He's like a fly, can't bloody shake him off."Holly muttered angrily, shaking her head at Caroline's grin but deciding not to say anything.

After last night's events, both girls had found comfort in the presence of the other and managed to make the most out of things. Spending the night simply talking and catching up to a lot of things that they have missed during the summer, it was distracting and that was exactly what they needed.

Liz had more than gladly went out to buy them all their favourite candy and ice cream, supplying them with everything they needed in hopes that it would make them feel even a little better. And it certainly helped. Crying over "Two Feet Apart" and eating chocolate cookie ice cream was more than helpful.

Caroline had enthusiastically dragged Holly shopping the morning after, saying how shopping was a very expensive but very effective therapy. And while Holly did spend all of her savings, she couldn't deny that what her friend had said was true, it did feel empowering in some way.

The two girls spent four hours in the mall and came back home with the trunk of Holly's car filled up to the brim, causing Liz to almost have a heart attack. But seeing the smiles on their faces made her feel a little bit at ease. They had been through a lot that summer, that whole year, they deserved to be happy. Even if it was just temporary.

Holly ignored Elena as much as she could. Dodging her in the halls and cutting corners just to avoid seeing her. Because it hurt. But Elena wasn't helping her case as she determinedly tried and tried to reach her but to no avail.