Chapter 14

·~

·~

"I may or may not be a tad bit high on ice cream. Oopsies?"

·~

Season 3 Episode 8

"Ordinary People"

TW!

Mention of suicide, self harm, and r@pe if you are not comfortable with reading then please skip the first part of the chapter.

Holly always considered herself to be far weaker than any of her friends.

Whilst they fought off their battles head on, she hid like a coward in the corner and cried over how disgusting and utterly horrid she was whilst not doing anything to at least help herself get back onto her feet. Holly was always the type of girl to do everything for others and nothing for herself, beginning from always being at their beck and call and never receiving the same energy and ending with how little they actually know of her.

Holly lost count of how many times they had forgotten her birthday, her favourite colour or her existence in general. She could disappear for weeks and no one would notice. It was a privilege she often used when she needed a break from things, but at times it reminded her how unimportant she was to them. Simply an asset or a means to an end in their plans, but still, she would blindly do anything to keep them satisfied and alive.

Holly was naive and far too innocent for her own good. She would gladly bet her head for the sake of their lives and happiness. Which often resulted in her being used more than twice, but despite it all, she found little joy in the fact that she could be of use of them.

Listing it all now in her head, makes her feel pathetic. Like an abounded child begging for someone to love it despite all its flaws and crawling for a bit of affection, she had grown into someone she had promised herself to never become.

Worthless.

Holly had managed to allow herself to be everything her father had told her she was. And despite her efforts to retaliate against the constant reminders he had engraved into her head, Holly managed to allow herself to feel and be entirely worthless. Too small and too quiet for them to notice, too unimportant for them to care, she was simply a pawn in their game and she hated that she allowed herself to step that low.

And yet, despite the hatred and ignorance of all of her friends, one stranger was able to make her feel in two months what they couldn't do in seventeen years.