Chapter 21

•~

•~

"Rebekah, darling, if you wish to bleed my brother out at least do it outside, you're staining the five thousand dollar carpet."

•~

Season 3 Episode 18

"The Murder of One"

For the past couple of days the town of Mystic Falls has been awfully quiet.

Well, besides a serial killer on the loose, Alaric Saltzman gaining a borderline personality disorder and the burning of a century old bridge that was made of the one wood that could rid the Originals, and all vampires from the face of the Earth.

Indeed, those days were considered quite normal in the small town, and normal never meant any good.

The Mikaelson family tiptoed around the mansion, seeing very little of each other and leaning towards their own grief. Elijah and Kol had fled, both too exhausted and torn to deal with any more of their family's troubles, with the promise to return for the wedding.

Rebekah, Klaus and Holly were the last ones remaining. Each engaged within their own tasks, rarely indulging in the presence of each other and deeming it the best solution within their dark days.

Rebekah and Klaus could never be in the same room for too long, for they would rip each other or the entire house to pieces. Holly was their mediator, but she too was occupied with her own troubles as well as theirs and lacked time to always stand between them, so the siblings avoided each other the best they could.

Whilst Rebekah was on the task of finding the remaining white oak and burning it, Klaus and Holly were searching for Esther and Finn which seemed to be harder than expected.

Esther had done well to cloak herself and her magic, considering Holly was still grasping the ropes of her powers there was little she could do to find her.

Which left Finn as her primary target. And all the while she searched for her fiancée's brother, Holly juggled correspondence with her biological family, as well as wedding preparations with her sisters, and trying to find the correct spell needed to break the link between the Mikaelson siblings.

Holly had spent days after days coped up in her room, refusing to see anyone as she tried to settle her thoughts into one place. She had spent much of her time allowing the Salvatore brothers and their treatment of her to instill fear of her family ever being able to accept her, that she was on the brink of losing the people that had deemed her worthy of consistent search, of decades long patience, and love beyond means.