Prologue

The gray-eyed 12-year-old sat in the darkest corner of his room. He was busy playing with a dead cockroach he found, ripping it apart, examining its insides. He was so focused on his task, that he didn't hear the screams and cries of a new test subject at first. That was, until the screams sounded, and were, closer to his cell. "Put me down! Help!" The dirty blond-haired boy stopped playing with the dead bug and slowly crept over to the window. 'A new one... Let's see how long this one lasts.' He thought to himself. The brunet 7-year-old was being dragged by the scientists. They paid no attention to the werewolf screaming and thrashing in their arms, kicking and biting them. He could tell the kid was a type of werewolf by his eyes. His pupils were dilated, and his eye color was a type of amber color mixed with maroon. 0 felt a mild pang of sympathy for the new kid. He had been in that situation himself before. 'Why do I even care anyway? I'm just a failed subject. He probably wouldn't want to talk to me. Not even the scientists want anything to do with me!' 0 looked around outside the window and saw a group of failed subjects being dragged by Dr. Green. 'Probably on their way to be executed...' He thought to himself. Dr. Green felt 0's blank stare in his direction but paid no mind to the boy. 0 observed the failed test subjects, listening to their sobs from fear. He felt a sinking feeling in his chest knowing that he might endure the same fate as them someday. He gulped before focusing his attention back on the bug's corpse, ripping the cockroach's head off its body. He stared at the blood leaking out of the tiny corpse of the poor bug. He picked up the corpse and the head of the pest, chucking it through the bars of his prison. The young boy sighed, running his hair through his locks.