Search Party

Dr. Andie opened the door to cell #453. Another abandoned cell. He had already searched 12 abandoned cells in hopes he would find either 0 or 1473. Unfortunately, he found nothing so far. He stepped into the dark, cold cell, ignoring all of the bugs crawling around. The ceilings had spiderwebs everywhere. He shuffled through the cell, hoping that he would find 1473. The only source of light that illuminated the cell was the hall lights, but he didn't care. He checked the corners of the empty cell, but no one was in there. He left to leave but stopped in his tracks when he saw Dr. Green right down the hall. Dr. Green noticed him right away and walked towards him. "What are you doing here? This is an abandoned cell." Dr. Green asked with suspicion in his tone. Dr. Andie tried to stay calm, and after a few seconds came up with an "amazing" lie. "I accidentally dropped something in here. I just went to get it." Dr. Andie said while pulling his wallet out of his pocket. Dr. Green glanced at the wallet, and Dr. Andie noticed blood staining Dr. Green's clothing. Either Dr. Green did an execution or an experiment. "Ok. But why were you even in here in the first place?" Dr. Green asked with a raised eyebrow. Dr. Andie thought fast and came up with another "amazing" lie. "I found a rat. The rat was lost, so I took the rat back to his home." Dr. Andie replied while gesturing to the cell. Dr. Green gave him an annoyed stare, letting Dr. Andie know that he knew he was lying. But Dr. Green rolled his eyes, and "walked" off. 'I can't believe that actually worked.' Dr. Andie thought. Dr. Andie knew the only reason that lie even worked was that that actually sounded like something he would do. Also because Dr. Green didn't care much about him like other workers. He couldn't tell if that was a good or bad thing. He closed the door to cell door and locked it. Dr. Andie then immediately rushed off to go find the two subjects.••• "Alright. Are you absolutely sure that I can trust you to be alone in here?" Aidan asked. 0 gave a small smile and nodded. Aidan was still hesitant about leaving 0 alone in the janitor's closet. What if a doctor found him?! He already lost one kid, he wouldn't be able to handle losing another kid! Aidan looked on the shelves, and found a box labeled "electronics." He pulled it off the shelf and looked through it. He found two walkie-talkies at the bottom and pulled them out. He checked to see if they still worked, and surprisingly, they did. "Alright. Take this just in case. I don't want you to get hurt." Aidan handed the old walkie-talkie to 0, who grabbed it and put it on the floor next to him. "Call me on it if something's wrong. Got it?" Aidan asked. "Got it. But are you sure you don't need my help?" 0 asked. "Yes, I'm sure. I don't want you to get hurt." Aidan replied. He looked through the box again and found an old taser. He showed 0 how it worked and gave it to 0. "But are you absolutely positively sure I can trust you to be here alone?" Aidan asked for the 5th time. "Yes, don't worry." 0 reassured Aidan. Aidan was still worried for 0's safety, so Aidan made 0 hide in a corner behind a few boxes. Aidan carefully closed the door halfway, making sure that there was just a crack just in case 0 needed to run. Aidan sprinted down the hallway. First, stop the break room. He threw open the door and started looking. Cabinets, under tables, every possible hiding spot he could think of. But he didn't find 56. Aidan thought for a moment and came up with an idea after 30 seconds. 56 was a subject again with subject number 1473. And Dr. Green has no idea what his true identity was, so 56 was probably in a cell somewhere. Aidan raced to the hallway. Cells lined the walls, confusing Aidan. There was cell #1473? Aidan looked at all the cells, and sighed. 'Time to start looking...'