᯽ 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐎𝐧𝐞 ᯽

"I'm home," Newt said when he arrived at his home

Closing the door, he took off his shoes and jacket, placing them on the small yellow chest. He walked over to the living room, which was connected to the kitchen and sat down on his one person yellow couch.

When he saw Lizzy coming down from the stairs, he smiled and got up. The blonde girl had her hair messily braided, she wore Newt's oversized t-shirt and had her socks over her knees. Newt knew that Harriet, Lizzy's girlfriend was up the stairs, knowing it because of Lizzy's pink, kiss-swollen lips.

"Hey, how was your day?" Lizzy asked.

Newt gave her a hug, kissing her head. His day went awful, the start of the year wasn't as good as he planned. His friends, Minho and Thomas were in the same classes as his, not like Teresa and Brenda. They were all in college, things were getting harder for the five best friends.

Since last year everything changed.

"It went good, yours?" Newt lied.

"It went perfect, Harriet and I are going to watch a movie, can she eat dinner with us?"

The blonde boy nodded his head at her. Since everything changed, Thomas his best friend and Lizzy were living in the same house. Thomas was not home yet, probably trying to make a move on his crush, Heather.

"Is everything fine?" Lizzy asked once again.

Newt let out a groan. Since the accident no one would just let him be, they would make sure he was not alone, would not go to high buildings or eat and drink something they don't know about and it annoyed him. He couldn't live with his life being trapped.

"I'm fine, just stop treating me like a baby," Newt groaned again.

"I'm sorry, it's just- you know... You know I'm just wo-"

"Because of what?" Newt asked coldly.

The clearness came back into his head. He immediately regretted raising his voice at his little sister, who was only trying to help. Lizzy saw that in his eyes, so didn't say anything.

"I'm-"

"I get it, it's okay, Newt," Lizzy murmured.

She stood up on her tip toes and placed a kiss on his brother's cheek. When she deattached her lips, she gave him a small hug, which Newt only could return and hug her even tighter.

"You know I don't mean that, but I should go upstairs, Harriet is waiting," she said, breaking the hug.

Newt nodded his head once again, watching her go up the stairs. He let out a small sigh. Deciding to drink a camomile tea, he went over to the kitchen.

He grabbed his yellow kettle and put it over to the stove, took out his favorite daisy mug and placed the teabag in it. He smiled when he thought about the daisy mug. It was his fourteenth birthday when Thomas gave him the mug, knowing that Newt loved tea.