᯽ 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧 ᯽

"Home home!" Lizzy yelled when they finally got out the hospital

Newt didn't had to stay the night, that facilitated him. Thomas didn't let go of Newt's hand the whole car drive long. Newt didn't mind it, he loved it.

"Newt, can I stay in your room for the night?" Thomas asked.

The blonde's cheeks went red and he nodded at him, going up the stairs. When he reached his door, he opened it, looking around the yellow room. He missed his room, even if he wasn't there for a few hours. He went into his closet, knowing that Thomas would wait outside for his privacy.

He didn't know what to wear, so he grabbed his daisy sweats and his favorite yellow cardigan. When he was in his comfortable clothes, he walked out. As expected, Thomas was laying in Newt's bed, his eyes closed while he rubbed his hands on his face.

"Hey there," Newt whispered.

He slowly walked over to the bed and laid down beside Thomas. It was awkward for a while, but Thomas broke the silence.

"I'm so sorry, Newt."

Newt didn't respond. He didn't know why Thomas would apologize for not doing anything, it wasn't his fault he thought. While Thomas could only think about how Newt looked him in the eyes when he was broken and past the gone.

(𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐫𝐭 𝐚𝐧: 𝐬𝐨𝐰𝐰𝐲, 𝐢𝐭 𝐡𝐮𝐫𝐭𝐬 𝐢 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰)

"You're not a burden, you're not useless, you are the world to me," Thomas said, taking Newt's hand in his.

"I-I'm... I don't know what to say I-"

"Just... Just tell me you love me back," Thomas said, his eyes once again welling up with tears.

"I love you, Tommy," Newt said quietly.

He brought Thomas' hand up to his lips and pressed small kisses on his hand. Thomas' heart fluttered, he never thought something like that, someone like Newt could make him feel so loved.

He scooted closer to Newt and laid his head on his warm chest, wrapping his arm around his middle. Newt chuckled at that and pulled him closer by wrapping his arms around the brunet's shoulders.

It was new to him. He was used to be hurt by Thomas' touch, he used to hate his touch, now he knew that Thomas loved him back and wouldn't hurt him anymore. He loved him too  much.

"I'm so-"

"Stop saying that, I get it, I'm not mad. I could never be mad at you," Newt murmured into Thomas' hair.

"You know... I will buy you another mug, but this time with your name and mine on it," Thomas whispered.

Newt smiled down at the brunet. He placed a lingering kiss on his head and stroke his hair slightly. Thomas could only pull him closer to his body, going up to kiss Newt's cheek, making him shiver.