Prologue

Disclaimer: I own nothing you recognise. (this apply for all the chapters)
____________________

When Alex moved in with the Pleasures,in America after Jack's death, not only could he not return to normal life but he also noticed that his presence would only cause harm to the Pleasures. The latters tried to help and to make him change his mind about returning to London but in vain.

Back in London, Alex started to work as a official agent for MI6. He was paid and given at least 1 month's rest between missions. Alex also got Ben as partner on most of his missions. They got pretty closed and Ben adopted Alex and he became his legal guardian. Ben moved in with Alex and the two spies quickly developed a brotherly relationship.
***

K-unit shifted nervously in front of the receptionist desk. It was a Friday afternoon. The receptionist made no move to acknowledge their presence. Wolf cleared his throat and the young lady behind the desk looked up from her computer in surprise. Seeing their military clothes, she smiled, "you must be k-unit. I was told to expect you. An agent will escort you to Mr. Blunt's office. Have a nice day!" She said in a pleasant voice.

Out of nowhere came a rather tall man with broad shoulders, jet black hair and green eyes. He gestured to k-unit to follow him and the latters did so. There was a silence in the elevator while the five men waited to arrive on the sixteenth floor. Reaching their destination, the agent escorting them knocked on the door and opened it after hearing a quick 'enter' before leaving.

Behind the only desk in the room which seemed to be completely grey, sat Alan Blunt. K-unit entered the room and only then did they noticed Mrs. Jones who was sucking on a peppermint, besides him. Mr. Blunt nodded towards the chairs in front of his desk, gesturing to them to take a seat. Only when Wolf, Snake, Eagle and Shark, who was Fox's replacement, complied did Mr. Blunt started to talk, "we need you for bodyguard duty," he said coming straight to the point. K-unit only nodded. " The person you will be protecting is our best agent. His name is Alex Rider. You will be given a file on him, but don't expect too much as very high clearance is needed for most of the information on him. You will move with him for the time being. The address is in the file," Mr. Blunt nodded towards the file he had placed in front of k-unit," pack your bags and get there tomorrow morning. Any questions?"

"Who are we protecting the agent from?" The unit leader asked.

"SCORPIA," Mrs. Jones spoke for the first time since they came. Four heads turned towards her in surprise." The agent needs protection from SCORPIA". K-unit exchanged worried glances. Everyone knew who SCORPIA was. "Why us, though?" Snake asked." You will find out soon enough," was all they got from her." For how long will we be needed?" Shark asked." For as long as we need to take control of the situation. You should never let Alex out of your sight. You shall accompany him wherever he goes. There will be back-up near the house," Mrs. Jones gave them a cell phone. "Press speed dial 1 and they will arrive to you as soon as possible. Good luck, K-unit."

Recognising the dismissal, k-unit stood up, took the file and mobile phone from the desk, nodded to the head and deputy head of MI6 and left without another word. Once outside the bank, Eagle started asking questions after questions, as though his three teammates had the answers.
____________________
Hope you enjoyed!
Don't forget to vote and comment :P