Chapter 7

As k-unit entered the mess hall, the soldiers became silent at once. Cub's skills and identity had already spread throughout the camp. Not one day there, and Cub had already gained the soldiers' respects. K-unit fetch their food before sitting at the table they used to sit at. 'Something tells me this stay here will be very different from my first one,' Cub thought as he took in the stares which showed neither confusion nor shock but respect." John Rider was well-known here and there still are lectures about him," Snake explained.
K-unit finished eating before heading to the building where combat training was done." How skilled are you in fighting?" Wolf asked once they were inside the building where they had been greeted by the instructor. The two units which were supposed to be training were still not there." Good, I suppose," Cub said. Fox raised an eyebrow, but didn't comment." I can be against you then," Wolf grinned. The two stepped on the mat and started fighting when the instructor gave them the signal. Within one minute, Wolf was pinned down by Cub and since he had not been able to move during the ten seconds he was given, Cub won. The same thing happened when the instructor went against Cub. It was only when the second fight ended that the rest of k-unit noticed N-unit and L-unit was behind them; they were too lost in the fight to notice before.
Cub was then tested on how much sit-ups and push-ups he can do in 7 min for each. Again, he had impressive results. Cub even spoke more languages than the instructor instructing languages. He spoke French, German, Spanish, Russian, Japanese, Chinese, Filipino, Hebrew and Italian. By then, the soldiers, the instructors and the sergeant had no doubt that Cub became the best soldier.
That night, k-unit discussed about Cub's class that was coming the next day. Cub tried to persuade them to not be too harsh with them without making the fact that he cared known. It was, after all, his fault they had to come here. But he had to admit he wanted to seize the opportunity of taking revenge. And he was going to. He already knew the sources of the rumors of him being a druggie or being in a gang.
The soldiers had already been informed of the kids' arrival and they had been told to never mention the name Alex Rider while they were around. That night, Alex slept well, and he was grateful for that. All the soldiers had to wake up at 5:30 every morning. The same rule applied to him.
_____________
K-unit stood at attention in front of the sergeant. The kids were behind the Sarge. At first, they were very noisy. But when k-unit arrived, they stopped talking. The boys were admiring the soldiers, with the hope of becoming just like them one day. Meanwhile, the girls were whispering quietly among themselves about how hot Cub was. The teacher who accompanied the students was Mr Scott, the PE teacher of Brookland. The school had afforded a replacement for as long as needed. He was looking at his surrounding.
"At ease, soldiers." K-unit relaxed a little. The sergeant turned to the students and teacher," this is k-unit. They will teach you during your time here. You will all address them as sir. Is that clear?" There were a few 'yes'es heard." Is that clear?" the Sarge shouted, this time." Yes sir." Satisfied, the Sarge turned to k-unit," you are in charge of them." He eyed each member of k-unit and was about to turn on his heels to go back to his cabin when he noticed Cub's earing," You maybe are MI6's best spy and the best soldier here, Cub, but that does not give you special rights. So get that earing off." Whispers broke among the students while Mr Scott, suddenly interested in the conversation, tried to make them keep quiet. They stopped talking by themselves when Cub spoke," I can't, sir."
"And why that?" the sergeant eyed Cub suspiciously.
"They would explose five seconds after I remove them."
The Sarge mumbled something about spies and continued," Fine. But if something explose, you will be blamed."
"Only if it is no more with me," Cub said. The Sergeant glared at Cub before leaving.
Wolf stepped forward and all attentions turned to him." We're k-unit. I'm Wolf, the leader. Right to left, Snake is the unit medic. Eagle, shooting expert. Shark, language expert. Fox, language and technologie expert. And Cub, shooting, language and combat expert." Excited whispered broke among the girls. The boys, them, not glad with the ideas of losing their girlfriends, tried to prove that all those things about Cub were false. Shouts like 'it's false', 'you're lying', or 'he's too young to even shoot', were heard. Their teacher's efforts to silent the boys were in vain. Wolf's, however, were not, "SHUT UP." The boys became silent immediately." If you think I'm kidding, then, it's your problem. As for now, you'll get the day off. You"ll be bunking there," Wolf pointed to a cabin, large enough for all the students to fit in,"along with your teacher. You'll be woken up at six every morning," Wolf paused, and eyed the students and teacher.
"Well, kids, Mr Scott, welcome to hell."