Chapter 2

It was about eleven thirty when Alex went into the living room to find k-unit. "What do you guys want to eat?" He asked, going into the kitchen and looking into the cupboards. The others followed him, stopping in the doorway. "You can cook?" The others rolled their eyes at Eagle's question. "No Eagle. Of course I can't," Alex replied sarcastically. "So?" he asked, referring to his first question. "You can choose, since you're cooking," Snake said before going back in the living room, the others close on his heels. Alex started working while k-unit checked the perimeter.

***

In the living room sat Alex and k-unit, plates in hands, watching TV, though the volume was low since they were not particularly interested in the show. Eagle decided to play the inquisitive soldier, which he was. "So, Agent Rider–"

"Alex," Alex interrupted.

"–Tell us about yourself". All heads turned to Alex.

" What do you already know about me?" Alex asked cautiously. This time, it was the unit leader who talked," We know your name and that you've gone on 21 successful missions, which is impressive. But that's all".

"What do you want to know? " At that, k-unit got hopeful. Maybe he'll tell them his age." Your age," shark answered before the others.

" Old enough. But you can guess if you want to know that badly,"Alex answered.

Before anyone could  guess, snake, more interested in Alex's health, said, " As the unit's medic, I have the right to know about your injuries, but your file did not say much about them. Let me do a quick check up."

"All my injuries have already been treated. Anyway, how much years of experience do you guys have that you have been chosen to protect me?" Alex succeeded in changing the subject as Wolf replied," me and snake have been in the SAS for five years, Eagle for four years and Shark has been with us for two years now. And as for why we were chosen, we don't know. Mrs. Jones said we would find out soon."

Must be because we already know each other. Blunt and Jones must have expected them to recognise me, Alex thought.

"So you were a team of 3 before Shark came?" Alex asked. At that, Shark bent forward, interested to know more about who he replaced. Not wanting to be let out of the conversation, Eagle answered, " no. Fox had been with us for about 2 years before he moved to MI6 two years ago." Alex of course already knew all that, but he acted interested, nonetheless." He had been our linguist," Eagle finished.

Everyone was lost in thoughts for a moment before Eagle decided to break the silence again," Why is SCORPIA after you?" he asked Alex. He already knew what the answer would be, but there was no harm in asking.

"Classified".