Chapter 13

Guys, guess what? I'm back! Sooo, enjoy, and vote and comment.
And on with the story :)
____________________
Alex was lying on his stomach on the ground, watching the activities taking place through a pair of binoculars. He was dressed all in black, his hood hiding his fair hair. Alex was planning how he would enter the warehouse without being seen, to see whether there was anything suspicious indicating there was any illegal activity taking place. The armed guards at the gates were making sure anyone or anything entering the compound had permission to do so.
Alex suddenly had a strong feeling he was being watched. Normally, he would hear the tiniest sound around him. Whoever was there was a highly-trained professional. Alex made no stupid move which would tell the person he knew he/she was there.
Just when Alex was about make his move, he heard a gun's safety being clicked off behind him.
"Turn around, hands up," a familiar voice said, though Alex couldn't place it. Alex knew a bad move could get him killed. He placed the binoculars on the ground, stood up and slowly turned around, hands up, as he was told. However, he was not expecting the person to be him.
In front of Alex stood Yassen, very alive, pointing a gun at him. Alex masked his features, hiding his surprise. "Little Alex."
"You know it's not nice to let someone think you're actually alive," Alex said.
Yassen raised an eyebrow. "I assume you're the agent they sent to spy on us," he said. Both knew who 'they' were.
"You assumed right," Alex said. The little fact that Yassen was involved told Alex there was something big going on.
Yassen was as calm as ever, at least that was what Alex thought. Inside, Yassen was panicking. Well, not exactly panicking, but something close to it. Yassen was charged of the security. It included finding the MI6 agent who was to spy on them. He was supposed to interrogate the agent and kill him afterwards. But Yassen did not want to do that, since the agent was Alex. He had been sincere back on Air Force One. Finally he made his decision. Alex was a threat for the operation. He could not afford failure.
Yassen pulled the trigger.
_______________
A/N: I wanted to end it here because of the beautiful cliffie (pretty cruel, huh?) but decided otherwise because of terrible shortness.
_______________
Alex woke up in a comfortable bed.  He slowly opened his eyes and the earlier events flashed through his mind.Yassen had shot him with a tranquilizer dart.
Since the room was dark, Alex had to wait for his eyes to adjust to the darkness before looking around. There was a wardrobe in a corner of the room and a small desk was beside the bed in which he was. There were two doors. Alex looked out the closed window. All he saw was an isolated street. It was already night. It had been about 4 p.m when Yassen had found him.
Alex got out of the bed, walked to one of the doors and opened it. It was the bathroom. He closed the door and opened the other one which led out of the room.
Yassen had taken Alex's small handgun as well as the three knives the boy had on him. The zit cream Smithers had given him which he had had on him was also missing. Fortunately he still had the earing. The rest of Alex's gadgets were in his room in the hotel, save for the watch which was still on his wrist. But now that he looked at it, he realised it was not functioning. Stupid Yassen! (Not stupid at all actually)
Alex's thoughts drifted to the supposed to be dead assassin. It was still strange that Yassen was alive. How had he survived a bullet in the chest? But then, he also had survived one. Someone must have come for Yassen. Alex had passed out, he wouldn't know.
Alex snapped out of his thoughts remembering he had to get out of there. He got out of the room and looked around. He heard tiny noises coming from he didn't know where but was about to learn as he followed the source of the noise, careful not to make any noise. He arrived outside what seemed to be an office and saw Yassen in, with his back to him, looking in front of him, at a file, Alex guessed. He was relieved the assassin didn't notice him and looked around. He quietly walked around and found a door which seemed to be leading outside the house, and, surprise surprise! The door had a fingerprint sensitive pad. He went to the nearest window only to find it secured with bars. No wonder the door to the room he had been left in hadn't been locked. He punched the wall in frustration.
Yassen, of course heard it and was there in a second. Alex looked at him with cold eyes." Is it an everyday thing to kidnap teenagers?"
"You're awake," Yassen stated, ignoring Alex's comment. "And you're alive," Alex said. Yassen mentally signed. The latter gestured for Alex to follow him. Alex, having nothing else to do, complied, still careful not to let his guard down.
"What do MI6 know?" Yassen asked once they took seats in the living room.
"About what?" Alex asked.
"The operation," Yassen replied.
"Why would I tell you?" Alex hadn't found anything about the 'operation' yet, but he was determined to. And it wouldn't be Yassen who would stop him. He would get out of that place and stop whatever they were planning.
Yassen shrugged." There isn't much they can do, anyway."
"You're not going to interrogate me?" This time, curiosity could be heard in Alex's voice.
"No," Yassen said simply. Alex raised an eyebrow."Are you hungry?" Yassen asked.
"If you mean hungry to know why I am here, then yes."
"You will stay here until the operation ends. You will be free to go after that."
"That's it? No you will be interrogated and die in pain? Nothing? I mean, you are with SCORPIA, right? Why I am even bothering to ask? Of course you are with SCORPIA." Alex muttered the last two parts.
"Just ask if you want to be interrogated. Dr Three will have pleasure doing it. As long as I know, your name is first on SCORPIA's hit list."
"True. So will you tell me what happened on Air Force One?" Alex asked.
"You passed out," Yassen said. "My 'death' was a setup. Too many Intelligent agencies were after me. They had to believe I was dead. And it worked wonderfully. You're the only one who knows I'm alive right now." Alex was confused. Yassen said he would be able to leave once the so-called 'operation' reached its end. But how did he want to keep his existance a secret if he let him leave. Surely, he didn't expect Alex to keep his mouth sealed? Ok, maybe he kind of would for reasons he himself didn't know, but Yassen was more careful than that, right?
As if reading his mind, Yassen said," oh don't worry, Alex. You won't tell a thing about our meeting."
Okay. That got the young spy worried.