Chapter 12

"Is that him?"
"Fair hair. Not so tall. Dressed in SAS uniform. Yep, it must be him," Shark replied Eagle's question. Eagle, Shark and Snake were near the base entrance. The rain had calmed down a little and the three men were on their way to the Sergeant's cabin to see whether Cub was still there since there had been no trace of him in their cabin. But apparently they no more needed to search for him since he was there.
"Why is he standing at the gates?" Eagle asked.
"The best question is, why is he standing at the gates with his bag?" Shark said.
"Well, let us, the professional people we are, ask him."
"You, Eagle? Professional?"
"Hey! I'm far more professional than you!"
"Eagle, Shark, will both of you shut up? And if you want to be professional, then you should start by acting more mature."
"I'm already professional."
"Let's just talk to Cub, okay?"
"Oka- Wait. Oh-oh... he's getting in that suspiciously black car."
"What do we do?"
"What do you want us to do?"
"Save him?"
"Shark... I think you're spending way too much time with Eagle."
"What do insinuate, Snake?"
"That you are acting as idiot as him."
"Hey! I am no idiot."
"Guys?" Shark tried to get his two teammates' attentions.
"You're right, Eagle. I should have said idiot and stupid, not only idiot."
"Guys?"
"You're just jealous of my intelligence."
"Eagle... Come back from your dreams. Everyone knows you are in no way inte–"
"GUYS!"
"What do you want, Shark?"
"Cub's gone."
______meanwhile______
As soon as Mr Scott heard Alex's name during k-unit's conversation about Cub, he has no doubt that Cub was in fact Alex Rider. There was no way it was just a coincidence that Cub and Alex Rider looked so much alike and had the same first name. And it would explain Alex's long absences and injuries once he comes back. But he had to admit he was curious as to how such a young boy as Alex became a spy and soldier. And very good ones at that! He and the students had seen Alex train.
Mr Scott had arrived at Brookland only about a year and a half ago. He had had a small conversation with Mr Wiseman, the ex-P.E teacher, before the latter had left and the man had told him that Alex was a very good athlete but had to leave the football team due to his absences. He was told Alex's absences had started when he was fourteen, a few days after his uncle's death.
Only k-unit's leader, and Fox were with Mr Scott in the cabin. Eagle, Shark and Snake had apparently gone looking for Cub."I have copies of the OSA in my bag. I should go get one," Fox said after a moment's silence. Fox stood up and was about to open the door when Mr Scott stopped him.
"Why is a seventeen year old a spy and soldier? How did he become those in the first place? Isn't he too young? He was fourteen when he started, wasn't he?" Mr Scott asked. Wolf was not surprised when the man said seventeen. He had been surprised when he had learned the students' ages, which also meant Cub's, since he was in the same year. But Cub really seemed to be at least three years older than he really was, and his serious eyes didn't help a bit.
"Ummm... I'll go get the OSA first," Fox said before rushing out of cabin 28 to cabin 11.
When he arrived at k-unit's cabin, he was expecting Cub, Eagle, Snake and Shark to be there, but none of them were nowhere to be seen. 'I'll worry about them later,' Fox thought as he searched through his bag for the OSA. He had brought them with him just in case he would need them.
Mr Scott signed the OSA after Fox explained to him about the rules, etc...
"So... can I know why MI6 employ minors?" Mr Scott asked finally.
"Alex is the only one," Fox replied.
"Why? Actually, why did they employ a minor at all?"
"Alex is really good at what he does, and god knows what the world would be without him."
"Okay, but a child?"
"Look, don't think I appreciate the idea, but there's nothing anyone can do."
Mr Scott wisely shut up though inside, he was burning of curiosity. He could tell Fox was getting irritated. Many unvoiced thoughts ran through Mr Scott's head. 'What did he mean by 'god knows what the world would be without him'? Why did Alex even accept to do this? What type of missions is he sent on? Dangerous ones? Seems like it... he wouldn't have been MI6 best agent.'
Mr Scott decides to ask his last thought," is Alex really MI6's best agent?"
Fox's and Wolf's heads turned to him and just then did the cabin door open and in came three drenched members of k-unit. They closed the door behind them. "Where is Cub?" The leader asked.
"He left," Snake answered simply.
"In a suspicious-looking, black car," Eagle added.
There was a moment's silence, then, " MI6," Fox stated.
_______________
IMPORTANT A/N:
Hey, guys!
Well... I won't be updating for a while. You see, I do have an idea how to continue this fanfic, but it's not so exciting. Sooo, PM ME IDEAS, PLZ. That is, if you have ideas. It would really help me. Thx for reading, voting and commenting.
Also, sorry...
Bye!