Chapter 10

"RISE AND SHINE, kiddies."
Tom's eyes shot open and he saw his friends waking up as well, as usual. In the doorway stood Eagle, a big grin plastered on his face." Breakfast in five minutes," the man said before leaving. It had been a week since they had come to the base and he and all of his classmates had gotten used to both being woken up by Eagle at 6:00 in the morning and to eating the mush that was served as breakfast, lunch and dinner since no other food, apart from water was served. Well, sometimes, they would get an apple along with dinner.
On the first day of their training itself, the kids had understood what Cub had meant when he had said that Wolf could and would make their life a living hell and they had only then started to follow the spy's advice of resting as much as they could.
K-unit's leader did not try to hide his annoyance at them being there, and Cub was sometimes reminded of his first stay there. But at least he was getting his revenge. A few words with Wolf, and Arnold and a few other bullies suffered more than their other classmates.
The kids had learnt many things during the previous week.
They had run the assault course and the best among them was Evan, the captain of the football team, who got 16 minutes 37 seconds after some practice. Mr Scott ran it in 13 minutes 21 seconds.
The most entertaining class, according to the kids, had been the first class on medical knowledge, not because of the lecture, but because Snake had to practice CPR on Eagle to show the kids how to do it properly.
15 minutes later, the kids and teacher were gathered near the forest and in front of them was k-unit.
"Ok, kiddies," Wolf started," I believe you have learnt enough to participate in this activity. You will go on hiking into groups of five, and one of the groups will have only four students and will have to survive by yourselves in the forest for two days. And to make it more fun, you will each be getting a paintball gun, one colour for each group," Wolf looked at each students, not failing to notice their excitement, "you should avoid being shot. If you are shot in the arms, you can continue, but should not use the arm. But if you are shot in the legs, stomach or heart, you will have to return back to your cabins. Make good use of the lectures on survival and on guns. In those backpacks," Wolf gestured to the many bags on the ground by a tree, "you will find all that you need to survive. There is also a map and a compass inside each. You will be punished if you don't arrive at your destination in 2 days. Cub will call your names to put you into groups and you will be given the paintball guns."
Cub called the names in alphabetic orders, looking at the class list they had and Shark gave each students the guns with the paint colour according to which group they're put in. Meanwhile Wolf told Mr Scott that he won't accompany his students. "Take a backpack each," Cub told the students once he finished his task.
The kids entered the forest to start the activity. They did not know but k-unit and Mr Scott would watch their every moves through the cameras that were installed throughout the forest.