Chapter 5

"So Fox, how did you end up with Cub? Did MI6 make you take care of him while his parents are away?" Wolf asked Fox. K-unit and Ben were in the living room while Alex was in the kitchen to fetch them something to drink. They had already told Shark who Cub was.
"Don't be such a bastard, wolf. Alex can very well take care of himself, and MI6 were letting him stay alone when he was very young. I adopted him and I don't regret it," Ben was angry at wolf's behaviour.
"He did not have any other family members to take him in?"
"Why do you think I would adopt him if so?" "How old is cub, now?" Snake asked." If he didn't tell you, he doesn't want you to know. So, it's not mine to tell," Ben replied, smiling.
"Happy to know you don't want to get answers out of Ben, Snake," Alex said, entering the room. "I"m sure you have not eaten anything yet," he said while handing Ben a plate of the leftover food from dinner." Thanks," Ben gratefully took the plate from Alex." Fox, are you sure you're the adult in the house?" Eagle asked teasefully." Oh, shut up!"
Alex handed the others their drinks. The soldiers nodded their thanks. They talked for another hour before going to bed.
_______________________
The next day, Alex, Ben and k-unit were in the living room when Alex's phone rang. The latter looked at the caller ID before gesturing to the others to keep quiet. He answered the phone before switching on the loudspeaker. Before the person on the other line could speak, Alex said with a pleasant voice," Pizza Dolce, how can I help you?"
"Mr Rider, your presence is reque_" the voice was interrupted by Alex," I'm sorry, you must be doing an error..."
"Mr Rider, this is serious. You need to come in in half an hour. Mr Daniels and K-unit may accompany you," the voice said impatiently and, leaving Alex no room for argument, hung up.
Alex threw the phone in the empty seat next to him and sank deeper into his, letting out a sigh. He looked at an amused k-unit and a smiling Ben," Well, you all heard Mrs R&G. Let's go."
The six companions set off to the Royal & General bank. They reached MI6 headquarters in time. Alex flashed his Agent ID to the receptionist and continued his way to the elevator, k-unit and Ben trailing behind him. On the sixteenth floor, Ben raised his hand to knock on Blunt's door only to be stopped by Alex. The latter opened the door, entered, closed the door behind him and went to take a seat opposite Blunt.
Behind the door, k-unit looked at each other. Ben already used to his ward's behaviour, knocked on the door and after hearing Mr Blunt's voice saying 'enter', He opened the door. He took a seat next to Alex while k-unit styed standing behind. All five men noticed Alex and mr Blunt staring at each other and an uncomfortable-looking Mrs Jones.
After what seemed a whole hour but which was only about two minutes, mrs Jones finally spoke, "Alex, your class has been threatened". An expression which disappeared as quickly as it appeared passed through Alex's face." And?" he asked." And for their protection, we've decided to send them to BB." There was a moment of silence, then," WHAT? Are you out of your mind? You know what? Don't bother answer that. But Brecon Beacon? It is an SAS camp, not a playground. And they'll complain so much that the Sergeant will kill them in one day."
"If you have another idea to protect them, Alex, then don't hesitate to share."
"Well, let's see...Why not try to hurry your negotiation with SCORPIA?"
"It's not that easy, Alex. And you know it. Meanwhile, you'll all need protection and Brecon Beacon is the perfect place."
"Perfect?" Mrs Jones ignored Alex," You, Mr. Daniels and k-unit will accompany them. You two might as well train while you are there." She addressed the last part to both Alex and Ben." And how will I manage to keep my cover? May I remind you I'm supposed to be a sickly kid and not athletic?"
Blunt spoke for the first time," you will teach your classmates. Hair dyes and eyes contacts will do it. They won't be able to recognise you. K-unit will be in charge of them." At this, k-unit went pale. They could not imagine themselves training 39 kids." Prepare your belongings and leave as soon as you are ready. We've already informed the Sergeant of your arrival. Mr Crawley is at Brookland right now. Your friends will arrive at BB tomorrow. As for your absence, they will be informed that your guardian has not accepted that you go as you are sick," Blunt explained." Any questions?" " For how long will the kids be at BB?" Wolf asked. "For a minimum of two weeks," Mrs Jones answered." If that's all, you are dismissed."
Alex, Ben and k-unit went back at the house and changed into their uniforms. Alex had to dye his hair black and put on blue contacts before changing. He was glad his uniform was not as large as it was on him the last time he used it, which was when he was fourteen. They had not had his size, so he had got one of a man's size. Alex strapped two knives and two handguns in his clothes before joining k-unit and Ben in the living room.
On the three hours' journey to BB, Alex slept. He knew he would need the energy.
When they finally arrived, Ben parked the car and they set off to the Sergeant's cabin. Wolf knocked on the door and the voice saying 'enter' was not very welcoming. They entered and all stood at attention in front of the Sarge. The latter looked at each of them before saying,"At ease, soldiers." The men and boy in front of him relaxed their postures a little." Fox, Cub, you will be assigned with k-unit for your stay here. As for the kids arriving tomorrow, all six of you will be in charge of them. I don't want them here, so you will not go smooth on them. Is that clear?"
"Yes sir," k-unit replied.
"Good. K-unit, welcome back to hell."