52. Awake

~song of the day~
  Save your tears - The weekend

  ~song of the day~   Save your tears - The weekend

Dove's POV

As quick as the door opens, it's shut back ferociously, prompting the ground underneath us to shake. Gray and I pause, staring in silence at each other. Just one look at him and I could tell we both had the same thoughts. If that was my dad, then we were screwed. Gray, more than me.

The silence from the other end only makes my anxiety grow. "Shit," I mutter, kicking Gray away with the sole of my shoe and slamming him into one of the lower cabinets. He grunts in response, too stunned to speak.

"Mr. Kelch! Sheila! What are you doing home so early?" Aaron's loud voice echoes through the house from outside.

Gray rolls his eyes and lets out a small relived sigh.  "He's just messing with us."

"Get off my porch," My dad responds, followed by the sounds of keys jingling.

Widening my eyes, I jump off the counter and adjust my clothes. As soon as the door opens, Gray and I stand still next to each other, grinning widely like madmen. Well, I was smiling, Gray, on the other hand, had a straight face.

My dad walks in with Aaron and Shelia behind him, while Chloe runs into the house with Harry on her chase. Chloe is holding an apple watch, raising it upwards, while yelling loudly, "I won it. And I'm not giving Harry." Harry could have easily gotten the watch from her, but he decided to go along with her. He skipped on his feet while she ran with all her strength.

"Give it to your brother, Chloe. I'll buy you a new one," Dad replies, walking after them.

"You're lying!"

"I promise"

"You can just get Harry a new one instead."

Dad ignores Gray and me as he had his hands full with Chloe and Harry. But Shelia stops, eyeing us suspiciously.

"What's going on here?" Sheila asks, gesturing towards the awkward space between  Gray and me.

She doesn't even give us a chance to respond before raising her hand to stop us. "You know what, I don't care. The less I know, the better," She nods her head.

"I agree," Gray says, mimicking her head gestures and I nudge him with my elbow. Sheila glares at him before following my dad upstairs.

After our parents are out of ear's reach, Aaron leans over the counter to whisper to us. "In the kitchen? Really?" he raises an irritated brow.

He stares at us in a demeaning manner, his eyes staring us down. "You might wanna let that load off," he nods towards Gray's bulge.

I feel myself heating up from embarrassment. We were this close to getting caught by our parents.