13. Gunshot

~song of the day~
  The one that got away - Katy Perry

 Everyone stares at me, shocked by the atrocious words that came out of my mouth

I cringe slightly and internally blamed my slow-witted brain. Fawn was crouched at my feet, her face beetroot red from embarrassment.

"What did you just say?" Zoe asks, raising an eyebrow.

I glance at Zyair. He has a huge smirk on his face as he stares at me, visibly amused.

"Who had sex with-,"

"I'm gay," Elliot announces, raising his hands dramatically.

My eyes almost bulge out of my eye socket at his words. I thought he wanted to keep it a secret from everyone.

"You as gay is not surprising, Elliot," Zoe snorts, inspecting her nails.

"You as a bitch is not surprising anymore, yet you keep reminding us," He shot back.

I look over to Zyair and Aaron. While Zyair still had his amused expression, Aaron looked disgusted with everything going on.

"What do you think you're doing?" He eyes him skeptically.

That's a very nasty reaction from him, but I suppose he's scared Elliot might spill his secret.
Fawn is still crouched at my knees, probably too embarrassed to go back to Zyair.  I get up and allow her to sit next to Elliot.

I walk and sit next to Luca instead, just as the teacher came in. Luca has his head bent over, typing furiously on his phone. He hadn't even realized what just happened.

"What are you doing?" I peer over his shoulder, into his phone.

Immediately, he shields his phone from me and switches it off. "Nothing."

I frown slightly at his secrecy. I figure it must be something super private and didn't pry further.

"Wanna go on a date with me tonight?" He asks, breaking the awkward silence.

"It depends. Would it be just you and me?" I ask, and he chuckles slightly.

"Yes. I apologize for the other day, " He says, holding my hands and rubbing it softly.

I feel my insides light up at his touch. His hands were firm yet soft.

"Where would we be going?" I ask, trying to divert my attention from his touch.

"We could grab dinner, " He shrugs and gazes at my eyes. "That's if you'd like to."

I smile and nod my head gently. "I'll love to, " I mouth to him.

I deflect my attention to the Physics teacher, who had begun teaching.

~~~~~~~~~~

Literature is the last period before lunch break.
Except for days I have literature, I'm usually drained every day before the lunch break. I found comfort in writing.