Chapter 2 - Pink Hair

Joe Pov -

I saw a flash of the most beautiful Cherry Blossom Pink from the corner of my eye, right near the entrance of the dance studio. I look over to see a figure talking to another figure, this one with pink hair that thrives in the colors of the setting sun. "Beautiful..." I mumble under my breath, unknowingly staring and walking toward the figures. When I'm closer I notice that one of the figures is in fact the owner and the director of the studio, I have been conversing with him for weeks to find a place for my group of street dancers to practice, but no luck. After watching the pink haired figure bow  and walk toward the doors I Jogged over to the owner. 

"Hey, Mr. Director, why did you let them in? Isn't it after hours? I have been trying for weeks to get you to find a spot for the street dancers and I... And you just let that person in later than the closing time!" I say feeling pretty annoyed at the fact he's giving this person special privileges' while he can't even find time for my street dancers. "Why did you let them in?"

The director doesn't say a word instead he just hints for me to follow him into the building, and so I follow. We walk into the studio building with the lights currently off except for one room down the hallway. The Director walks to the lit up room with me behind him and just stands in the doorway looking into the room so I do the same. What I saw was unable to described with words...

Cherry Pov -

At sunset I usually come over to the Dance Studio for extra practice after hours, since I have known the Director for a long time, he has given me special permission to do solitary practice. I use this granted time to dance my heart off, release stress, and just to have fun in my safe space. 

"Hello Mr. Director, I have arrived, I thank you for permitting me to use the studio again." I thank him with a small smile.

He smiles at me. "Of course Kaoru, I am here when ever you need anything. now go have fun!"

I bow to him and walk hastily into the building, once inside I walk over to the room I usually use and take off my Jacket and shoes, so now I am in my clothes for rehearsing. I stretch my body in twists and turns, cracking my joints, rising my heart rate, getting my body prepared to go all out. once done I grabbed my phone from my Jacket pocket and put on some instrumental music to dance to. The music calms me down letting me finally lower my guard as well as calming my nerves from the day. Feeling as light and moving as freely as a flower petal in the wind, flying gracefully with poise, filling to the brim with passion.

♪ dum dum budum bum bum da da~ da da~ budum um um ♪~ The song played in a rhythmic pattern. Feeling the pulse of the music running through my body making me move in sync, following each and every tempo change. In my own world, small enough for me to not see, hear, nor feel anyone else, but large enough to capture my passion, to feel like the whole world is one giant stage.

Joe Pov -

I look into the studio room, seeing the most angelic movements, body language, dance, I have ever bared witness to. I could feel the passion radiating off of this person, what the dancer wants me too feel, what this art means to them. I feel as if I could be moved to tears if I wasn't trying so hard to prevent a singe tear from flowing down my cheek. I wanted to look away but I couldn't budge, I was completely entranced, Until the director spoke.

"Enchanting isn't it?" He said in a low voice, "I have known Kaoru for a very long time, since he was a child just starting out. I have never seen as much potential in anyone else..." He paused, and sniffled as if he was holding back tears. "I've always seen him as a sonly manner, and since I hold these responsibilities in my heart, I want him to expand his horizon's..." I could feel his gaze turn over to me. "And I think you may be able to help him do just that. You and your street dancer friends will be able to practice in the studio."

I look over at him swiftly. "D-do you mean it! I can't wait to inform my dancers-!" 

"But you all will be paired up with a ballet dancer. To teach each other your dance and them combine to create an even more beautiful art. There will be a dance competition in 2 months and I want you all to premiere this dance. Those are my conditions."

"W-what! I have to refuse on behalf of my dance mates. Is there any other way?" I ask franticly.

"Those are my conditions, please get back to me tomorrow when you and your dancers have come up with an answer weather or not you really want to be able to practice in this studio." The director's face was more serious than his usually hospitable demeanor.

"Under- Understood Mr. Director." I try to say in a less intimidated voice, for an old man he definitely knows how to make someone feel overpowered.

"Now, we should be heading out of the studio before Kaoru sees us, he gets pretty stingy when it comes to people watching him practice, even I get scolded by him at times." He says as he slowly shuffles down the hallway until he suddenly stops. "Kojiro, are you coming?"

"I'm just going to stay here and watch until the song is over, I'll make sure to leave before him." The director just nods and then shuffles out if the building. I just stay here against the door frame watching this person filled to the brim in passion, dance their heart out thinking about the director's offer.