Chapter 9 - Reason

Cherry Pov - 

Exchanging all of my stress, feelings, and questions into my form of relief, dance. My body moves on it's own to the music provided, just to get a feel for the rhythm, the tone, the feeling, and the emotion behind these songs that were tied together. Making the feelings these feelings of romance behind these songs to show my love for this art, for ballet. Since I haven't recognized this classification of feelings in my self for another, I will express my love for my one and only that I have dedicated my life to.

'I will not think. I am in the zone. I am in my world. Where only I, the music, and the dance floor exist.' At least that is what I thought until an unnecessary addition appeared suddenly. 

I could feel a hand gently grab my out stretched one, the other one cupping my waist breaking my enchantment and focus. I pull away instinctually pulling my hand to my chest and backing up away from the person. Looking up I see a person I did not want to see, the one who brought up past memories I would rather not remember.

"You idiotic gorilla." I mumble glaring straight into his eyes. "What are you doing here." I spat.

His face looks away with his eyes darting around, probably trying to come up with a response. "Well I saw you dancing to the new mix and I couldn't help but join in.." He looks at me shyly.

I glare daggers as I cross my arms, the discontent practically oozing out of me. "First you try to become 'friends' with me, then you yell at me when I was worried, and now you pretend none of that happened." I pinch the bridge of my nose. "You really are an imbecile. An idiotic Gorilla. Just plain stupid." I can feel a vein appear through my skin. "Is this a form of revenge for me calling out you and your friend a while ago?" I questioned. "Or do you just like to mess with people and then just take out your frustrations?"

'Why do I always get attached to people who don't want me around.'

Joe Pov -

'I really pissed him off, didn't I.'

"Why does this always happen." He mumbles.

"Look. I came here to apologize about earlier. I didn't mean to yell it's just I was thinking and got.. Flustered. I really didn't mean to offend or hurt you, I didn't know that you were so sensitive to that kind of stuff." I apologized whole heartedly. I looked at him seeing him kind of surprised. 'Did he really think I wouldn't apologize to him?'

He was quietly looking at me before looking to the floor beside him. "Thanks.." He says quietly.

Unconsciously, I pull him into a hug, but I don't really care anymore. 'I think I like him. I think I like him a lot.' I smile and pull him closer. As he starts to realize what was happening, he slowly wraps his arms around me as well.

"I am also sorry, I may have over reacted.." He says calmly. I chuckled at his apology holding him closely.

After a while we parted, even though I could hold him for so much longer, I wanted him to go deeper into why he over reacted. So the only logical thing to do was ask.

"Hey, so, why did you react like that in the first place?" I asked.

"Well, it's a long story."

"I don't mind."

"I'll just summarize then." He takes a breath. "Long story short, I had a friend and dance partner when I was in middle school up till high school. We would come to this studio to attend classes ran by the director." He smiles lightly. "He was really the only one around me who shared this passion so I became attached to him." Thinking ahead his smile saddened. "But he grew distant and tired, when I would talk to him he would get defensive and angry, later he just left the country without saying anything. Since then I really just tried to keep my self separate from others." Pink dusted his cheeks. "Recently I had wanted to get to know you better since you are my dance partner, but you just suddenly flipping out gave me some bad memories." 

"I can see why you would have acted that way. I'm still very sorry about that." I look down at him. 

He looks down. "All is fine." He says. Sitting there we didn't really say much but it wasn't awkward, at least for me it wasn't. Sitting so close to him our legs are almost touching was a victory for me, especially since he wasn't mad at me any more. A small smile appeared on my lips while I look at him from the corner of my eye. 'Cute.' I thought. He suddenly broke the silence.

"Since the mix of songs are all done we can work on the choreography. We will start that tomorrow at rehearsal." He stood up and picked up his stuff. "I'll see you then." He said as he walked out of the studio room.

'Tomorrow we will start actually dancing!' My face lit up. 'I'll finally be able to dance with him! We can push away the fiasco into the past and dance together.' My heart flutters at the thought. 'Though, what I learned today about the pip squeak was not what I expected. From the way the ballet dancers acted this morning I would have guessed he got along really well with others. I guess not, I never want to run into that punk he was  talking about though.' I thought as I clenched my jaw. Realizing the time I left the studio, the shorty was no where to be found.

'I look forward to what tomorrow has planned.'