Chapter 5 - Compromise

Joe Pov - 

Rehearsal started, starting the first ever mix between the ballet dancers and the street dancers, two different types of music, dance, attitude, and poise mixing together. The practice session was kind of in chaos, since the ballet dancers already started working on the routine but the guys and I don't know how to do all that fancy dancing and other stuff. Working on a compromise was very hard but It would have to be decided.

Different offers were brought up but quickly shot down. "Us ballet dancers have been working on this routine for a while! We should just stick with the regular routine and just have the guys as background dancers with Captain front and center!" One of the girls yelled from within the cloud of shouting.

"Of course not we may have not been working on this as long as you guys but we still are apart of this! Out with the old and in with the new as they say, we should be taking the lead with you girls as accessories, highlighting Joe!" One of the guys responded.

A calm cough could be heard and with a louder, more exaggerated one following after grabbing the attention of everyone including me. Looking over to see the short girly boy preparing to speak. "Why don't we come up with a new routine fitting everyone's needs." Clenching his teeth he continues. "Stop yelling, It's giving me a headache." Sighing with a deep breath he thinks before he speaks again. "Why don't we do a partnered dance? It wouldn't have any main group if we just partner it up, we are already paired up anyway."

"That doesn't solve our problem 'smart guy'." A guy replies sarcastically.

One of the girls speak up offended. "Don't you know what a partnered dance is idiot. It's when there is a pair of people dance together on a equal footing. Instead of having one side stand out, we would be equals." The girl explained.

"Exactly." The so called 'Captain' responds. "There are may different types of paired dance, Jazz, swing, Latin, etc. Doing one of these would suffice but not enough. Preforming something new, improved, perhaps a mix?" he suggests.

"How would we get music to fit that idea though?" One of the other street dancers ask.

I decided to put in some input. "We could always do a mash up of songs each of us would usually dance to creating something new, improved, and modern." I suggest as I continue on. "For the last songs we could always find something completely different to add some spice to the dance." I look over and wink over at the short male smirking.

"I agree, this seems like a solid plan. Does anyone oppose or have anymore additions?" I didn't think that the pink haired male would agree with me so easily, I guess always expect the unexpected. Everyone nodded in agreement to the suggestion.

"I have a suggestion! let's make the last songs that spice up the mix highly passionate love songs!" One of the Ballerinas say clasping her hands together and making a lovesick sigh.

"I agree!" I state. "That will add more to the routine."

"Then it is decided. We shall work on finding some songs, while we work on the choreography tomorrow. Work hard to create a connection with your pair in the mean time and throughout the rehearsals." The male ballet dancer glances at the clock and then continues on. "It seems we are about out of time for today, let us all get packed up. I will see you all tomorrow." 

With that everyone walks away either talking to each other, walking to the dressing rooms, or leaving the studio. Noticing my partner walking into the male dressing rooms I decide to follow him in stopping in front of the doorway. This being my first time in the studio's dressing room I look around seeing a nicely maintained medium room, with small lockers on one side of the wall and showers on the other. I set my eyes on the small male finally only to see him taking off his clothes.

Cherry Pov - 

After the discussion finally came to an end all of our rehearsal time was gone so I went to go get changed in the dressing room. 'I wish we had even a couple of minutes of practice even if it was just warm ups.' I sigh as I lift up my shirt over my head to exchange it for the loose turtle neck I wore in. 'I sort of wish there was a different resolve when it came to us all dancing together. I'll be at quite the disadvantage when it comes to my solitary practice.' I think as I trade out my shorts and tights for a pair of leggings and then finally placing my glasses on my face.

Grabbing my belongings I turn to leave only seeing a certain gorilla in front of the door watching me, a light blush on his cheeks. "How long were you standing there?" I ask questionably.

"Not long, I came in when you entered." He said with a cheerful smile, like an idiot. It took all my strength to stop my fist from punching that stupid smile of his.

"And here I thought you were just a creepy womanizer, but apparently your creep-ish ways has no bounds. You really are a thirsty gorilla." I say keeping a semi-calm demeanor.

He walks closer to me leaning down to my face level. "Ouch! and here I thought you would appreciate me waiting up for you." He smirked at me.

"I didn't need you to wait up for me, I don't recall us making any plans." I say as I cross my arms. "Even if we did I wouldn't go anywhere with you." I look away in a humph. Suddenly a pair of hands grab my waist picking me up. "O-Oi! Let me down you overgrown gorilla!" I say in a panic, frantically trying to push down on his arms. No luck.

"You said you wouldn't go anywhere with me so I took that as a challenge shorty." He winked at me as he he set me down stomach down on his shoulder as he held onto my lower back to keep me in place and he started to walk out of the studio.

"Seriously! Let me down you idiotic gorilla!!" I demanded as I thump on his back with my fists balled up. "You have no sense of decency do you!" I continued an aggressive blush making it's way to my face as we exit the building. He just continued to walk unfazed. 'Why does a creep like him have to be so damn strong!!' I thought.

"Here we are!" He suddenly says placing me down, with my patience all worn out I thwack him on the head, hard. "Ouch!"

"Don't think you can just pick me up like a sack of potatoes and get away with it!" I say glaring at him with a vein shown through my skin pointing a finger at him. "You idiotic gorilla!" looking away and crossing my arms in a huff.

"Cute.." He mumbles.

"What did you say?" I question. "Where are we anyway?" I ask looking around.

"The park obviously, I thought we could get to know each other while walking around." He rubbed the back of his nape with a light pink dusted on his cheeks.

"If that was your intention you could have easily asked me instead of watching me change and throw me over your shoulder like a sack of potatoes." 

"I know, but this way is more entertaining!" He says with a grin.

"Idiot."