Chapter 8 - Why

Joe Pov - 

As they were on the other side of the room I just sunk on the bench quietly, as time moved on I was just in my thoughts as the guilt engulphed me. 'Why did I raise my voice? Why did I do that? Why? I don't even have a valid reason. I never used to loose my cool before I met the pip squeak. What is making me like this?' These thoughts rummage through my mind. Before I knew it some of the ballet dancers walk threw the door.

Once they entered through the door their faces changed just slightly as if they felt as if the air had changed. 'Women intuition is no joke..' One of the girls look over at me making eye contact. She looks around the room and then she slightly glares in my direction before leaving to the dressing room to quickly change. More of the dancers arrived, including some of the street dancers who were just chilling around on their phones or talking to one another.

The female dancers walked out of the dressing rooms and split up, a couple heading toward the small working blob in the corner and a couple heading towards me. 

"Excuse me!" A girl said in a strong voice. "What did you do to our captain?"

"Huh?" I responded lazily.

"You heard me. So what did you do? Without fail, our captain always greets us, especially when he arrives early. but today he barely noticed we have arrived."

"Y-Yeah.!" Another girl said softly. " Why is that?.."

"Well ladies I don't exactly know your daily 'greetings' but I apologize for disrupting you gals." I say with a sarcastic tone.

Rolling her eyes she continues. "We all know how strong our captain is but don't forget that everyone has stuff they can't deal with. If you crossed that line with him you better apologize."

"We don't want Mr. Sakurayashiki to be sad..." The quiet one adds. I look away and nod still feeling my conscious yell at me, the girls walk away towards the other group of girls surrounding the other corner of the room. The guys walk over to me and we just have a normal conversation.

Today we didn't stretch since the day was for the dance mix to be created and finished. All of the dancers gathered together suggesting and listening to songs and putting them into a playlist. One of the guys had some experience with being a part time DJ, so he found the best parts of the songs and mashed them together for us; which was very handy when it came for making a song with little bits of other songs. By the end of the practice we completed the song, everyone packed up and left quickly not even letting me see the male ballet dancer.

'I have to apologize.' My eyes searching for the person that has been on my mind. I didn't see him anywhere.

Walking out of the studio's room I go to catch up with him, but when I head out of the main doors he is no where to be seen. 'For someone with such short legs, he is pretty fast.'

"Yo, Joe!" A large hand patted my back. "You wanna come with us to get lunch?"

'I guess I'll talk to him when I find the chance tonight..' I thought. "Sure." I say with a small lump in my throat. 'I will come here later tonight to talk with him. I have to.'

Cherry Pov - 

During rehearsal I didn't utter a word to the gorilla, not even a thought towards him. I was surrounded by the other dancers, The other ballet dancers kept me company as we were finding instrumental love songs. By the end of rehearsal we finished and put together the song, I packed up and left immediately. 'I'll change when I get home.' I figured. 'I just feel like getting out of this building.' Those were the words I never thought I would say.

I headed straight home and just decided to look forward to my solitary practice tonight. 'I will really need to blow off some steam.'

While waiting for the time to pass I wanted to take a quick nap, but to avail. My mind kept racing on asking unanswerable questions. 'Why was he so upset? Did I do something wrong? Why does this always happen? Why do they always get tired of me right when I start getting attached?..' My heart aches. I lay on my bed just thinking, until it is about time for the studio to close. 'About time.'

Heading out of the door I walk towards the studio in a haste, meeting the director at the front. "Good afternoon Kaoru. I am glad to see you are here, I always look forward to see you." He greeted me with a smile.

"Hello Mr. Director, as always it is a pleasure to see you as well." I give a small smile back.

His grin grows into a concerned expression. "Are you feeling okay? You seem fatigued."

"Yes, thank you. I am just a little stressed." I answered.

"Well, try to relax a smidge and get some good rest. If you ever need some help I am only one phone call away." He reassured me'

"I appreciate the concern, I'll keep your offer in mind." I grin. "Now excuse me but I would like to begin my solitary practice."

"Of course, have fun." He says as we exchange nods.

Walking into the dimly lit building I walk down the hallway aiming towards the room, I take off my coat and shoes leaving them by the benches. I grab my phone, loading up the mix that was made just today, and playing it on the speakers on a high volume. Getting  feel for it my body just moves on its own. While all the stress that was built up today was changed and formed into a new form. My form.