Chapter 7 - Thoughts

Joe Pov - 

"Why do you ask?" The pink haired male questioned

I look away from his gaze, hiding my pink cheeks and my uncontrollable smile. "No reason, just was asking." 

I chuckle nervously with my mind starting to run with questions. 'Why do I feel so relived? Why am I so flustered? What is with my heart beat beating so fast? It seems like ever since I met this shorty I have been experiencing different feeling, new emotions, and a constant want to be around him.' I questioned. 'I thought I was just interested by his reactions and responses, but could it be I have developed a crush? No. He's a guy. I'm interested in girls, girls with a curvy figure and other assets, my ideal female...'

'He does has have such a cute face and a beautiful feminine figure though- No, he's not a girl! He is a male with other male features. Gyahhh! This is hurting my head! I am not attracted to him! I am a normal heterosexual male! There are no rainbows here! Socks. Are. On! Only Heterosexual thoughts, I have no attraction to him. None, I just find him cute, that's it. None-'

"Hey are you okay?" With that I was luckily pulled away from my thoughts. "You are sweating a bit and you seem pale, are you feeling unwell?" He asked.

"Y-Yeah, I'm fine, I just spaced off." I answered gaining some color to my face.

"That is good, wouldn't want you to get sick on me." He smiled at me brightly which just melted my heart. 

I just nodded. I couldn't come up with any words, my mind keeping me quietly thinking. When we arrived at the studio it was locked, but the shorty beside me had acquired a key. It was probably a gift from the director or something. We entered the dance studio heading over to the room we used yesterday for practice, he headed straight for the dressing rooms but not before sending a glare over my direction. 

'Cute- Nope! I'm not going into this direction again! Where is the off switch for these thoughts of mine? They keep popping up randomly, It's hurting my head!' I sit on the bench, clutching onto my scalp in a cold sweat with shut eyes. 'I shouldn't be having these thoughts... This is NOT what should be on my mind! I'm a ladies man. Only a ladies man. Straight as a straw.' Taking in a deep breath I calm down with a sigh. 

I open my eyes only to see a small face an inch away from mine, foreheads touching. Startled I jolt my head back, smacking it against the concrete wall. Hard. 

"Are you sure you are alright for rehearsal today?" The short dancer asked with a questioning face.

"Y-yeah. I'm fine, you just startled me.." I clenched my teeth at the throbbing of the back of my head, feeling a bump starting to form.

"You seem quite jumpy, and too quiet. Your face still seems to be quite pale. Maybe you should sit out of todays rehearsal." He thought aloud.

"No! I'm fine! Just drop it!" I snapped. Frustrated, head aching, and my mind still racing, I yelled at him.

He didn't respond to my burst, he's gone completely quiet. I look up, expecting to see him to be completely pissed and ready to pummel me. But what I see is an expression I couldn't even begin to comprehend or describe, it looked completely foreign on this strong willed male. 

He turned away from me slowly and walked to the other corner of the studio, bag in hand. Slowly. Quietly. He walked away. Sitting down he pulls out his computer and some ear plugs and started to work on the mix of songs.

Cherry Pov - 

"I'm fine! Just drop it!" He yelled.

...

...

My head went blank. It almost felt like déjà vu. The feeling of my heart dropping. 

'I guess I got a little too attached again. Letting down my guard so quickly and caring for him isn't something I should do for a stranger. I was just excited for something new in my life.'

I slowly walked away from him to the other side of the studio's room. Sitting down, I begun to work on the mix of music.

The other dancers arrived a while later in small groups, one by one. I continued working on finding songs that fit the criteria for being a romance or 'love' song. I added them to a playlist for the other dancers to find the ones they like. It was difficult for me since I usually listen to classical and instrumental music, nothing all that popular.

"Captain?" A female voice called out, I looked over at her seeing a couple of my fellow ballet dancers.

"Yes?" I reply with a straight face.

"Why are you sitting all the way over here?" The same girl asks crouching down to be at the same level as me.

"Are you by chance working on the mix of love songs for our dance?" Another girl askes, looking over my shoulder.

"That's our captain! Working hard and always one step ahead!" One girl said cheerfully with a smile.

"Aren't these songs kind of out dated though?" Another ballet dancer commented while glancing over at the songs.

I look back at the songs flustered and embarrassed. "I am not really up to date on popular songs. I must apologize." The girls faces seemed to beam with little sparkles in their eyes.

"Captain you are so cute-" One of the girls started but was interrupted by another putting her hand over her mouth.

"Anyway, why don't we help? I think all of us are up to date with popular love songs that would work." The girl suggested.

I smiled. "That would be helpful."

'Maybe this would help distract me so I can come out of my thoughts.' I thought.