Chapter 2- The First Concert

My name is Kusuo Saiki, and I'm going to my first ever concert today. I may have fallen in love with that stranger yesterday, but that doesn't mean I don't still love Satou Hiroshi. I mean have you seen him? Sure his band may have an unhealthy obsession with peaches, but that's also just a part of their brand. It's not like I'm not obsessed with coffee jelly.

I decided on a plain black t-shirt and brown denim pants, although since Teruhashi is good at sewing I had asked her to cover the inside with a softer fabric. It worked and now I have the look with the comfort. I slipped on my germanium ring and put my new sound proof headphones around my neck. I looked in the mirror to see myself. 

I don't look ordinary. Sure I may look average to the rest of the world, but I know better, and I bet Satou does too. He'll probably see me and think I'm too out of the ordinary. I know dating him is just a stupid fantasy everyone has with at least one celebrity (unless they're aromantic in which case shout out to you cool people) but it felt so different with Hiroshi-san. Like I wanted him to like me so desperately. Whatever, I'm going to see him in concert, it's not like he's going to confess his love to me.

"Kuu~" my mom called from downstairs, "Your friends are here to take you to that concert!"

I ran downstairs to see the group at the door.  I held up my ticket to show I was actually prepared. 

"Stay safe Kusuo," my dad waved as we walked away. 

"I will," I signed. I couldn't say it telepathically because of my ring.

"Aren agreed to drive us to the venue," Kaido said cligging to his arm.

"Oh you know how to drive?" Yumehara asked, standing arm in arm with Mikoto.

"I can drive a motorcycle," Kuboyasi said, "It can't be that much different than driving a van."

It turns out yes, it is very different. Everyone was clinging to somebody, or if you're like me, you have eight seatbelts and a helmet on to stop you from dying via a car driver that should never drive a van.

In the end, we got there only having broken eight traffic safety laws and narrowly escaping the pursuit of cops.

"Hehe sorry," Kuboyasi said, "I'll be sure to drive us home too."

"No," Rifuta yelled looking like she was going to throw up, "We'll get a taxi to take us home or even better yet! I'll walk."

We stumbled around for a minute trying to recover until we all felt we weren't going to puke our guts out. We went inside presenting our front row seat tickets to the ticket stand worker.

I had put on my headphones just before a girl shouted for all of us. We looked over to see Mera working concessions.

"Hey guys!" Mera said as we walked over, "Came for the RPB concert I assume?"

"Little buddy got us all tickets," Nendou said, fluffing around Kaido's hair in a bro type of way.

"Oh that's so cool," Mera said, "I work the snacks, but then I help out the stage crew with lights and stuff."

After a quick conversation we said we'd see her later a went to find out seats.

Now let me tell you, front row seats are incredibly close. Like you can feel the heat of the lights close. I was a little nervous, but knowing that Id get to see Satou in person for the first time and that all my friends were just as excited.

Eventually the band made their way on stage. And Satou, wearing his famous grey jacket, white "I LOVE ROCK" t-shirt, and blue jeans along with an added fedora which went unusually well with the outfit in an ordinary way, grabbed the mic to introduce the band.