Jealousy: Natsuki x Reader

Y/N's POV:

When I arrived at the school cafeteria, I sat at my usual table, but Natsuki was nowhere to be found. Instead of making a big deal out of it, I decided to wait for her to show up. I began eating my lunch, when I suddenly heard a voice call my name.

"Y/N?"

I turned around to see an old friend from middle school, staring at me kindly.

"Oh, hey! What's up?" I asked. They started to figit their hands, and looked away from me.

"Well, my friends that I usually sit with are in tutoring today, and I was wondering if I could sit with you?" They asked. I nodded, and patted on the seat next to mine. Before they could, a hand was forcefully placed into their shoulder, and they were turned around. Natsuki was behind them, glaring at them with her hand on their shoulder.

"And who are you?" Natsuki asked, with an attitude in her voice. They stuttered, and looked back to me for support. I shrugged, knowing that if I said anything in their favor, Natsuki would kill me.

"Well, um.." They started. Natsuki scoffed, and walked past them to take their seat. She wrapper her arm around me, and smirked so they could see. As soon as they left, Natsuki let go of me to eat her lunch.

"So, I'm gone for two minutes to use the restroom and you let a stranger take my place?!" Natsuki yelled.

"Wait, n-no!" I yelped. Natsuki laughed, and punched my shoulder.

"Aw, I'm just joking you big baby! Although, I don't want anyone interrupting our lunch time. I want to have every moment with you be special, and I don't want anyone ruining it!" Natsuki stated. I smiled, and hugged her.

"Awww, you really think that? That's so adorable, Natsuki! " I cooed. Natsuki rolled her eyes.

"Well of course I do! I'm your girlfriend after all..." Natsuki protested. I kissed her cheek, and looked into her eyes as I returned my arms to their original position.

"Yeah, but you're usually not as clingy as you were back there... Were you jealous?" I asked. Natsuki looked at me with fury, and crossed her arms.

"Jealous?? Please, as if I'd be jealous of a stranger. How pathetic!" Natsuki boasted. I decided to play with her a little, since she was being so stubborn.

"Hmm, well if you're so not jealous, why don't I invite them over? It's just one lunch." I suggested. Natsuki caught onto my trick, and glared at me. I laughed it off, and looked away so she wouldn't get too angry. Then, I tried to lighten to mood.

"Well, jealousy is a completely normal feeling, and I think it's kind of cute, so..." I mumbled. Natsuki gently placed her hand onto mine.

"Whatever. Let's just forget it, okay? I'm starving." She said. She was trying to look mad, but she was smiling under her forced expression. Both of us continued to hold hands, and resumed eating our lunch.