Chapter 3

Malarie's POV

Sunday

I felt my bed slightly dip as I was still sleeping peacefully, not caring whatsoever. There was slight  movement, making me groan. I felt hands... small hands at that. They were hitting my face, multiple times. Along with sound of giggling. I push their hands away, turning around to face the wall. As soon as I did that, I hear whining and my nickname being called. I instantly wake up, turning my body back around- to be met with those beautiful blue eyes I so much adore. Baby Albert.

"Malawiee." He whines, making grabby hands at me. "Hi baby Albert. How are you buddy?" Cooing, I pick his small body up, kissing all over his face.

"Goo. Malawiee eat eat." He mumbles in his strange baby language. "Yes cutie, you want to eat eat?" I rock him back and forth in my arms, still listening to what he's saying.

I don't understand none of his baby gibberish, but I just respond with "uh huh" or "yes baby". He's absolutely adorable with his chubby cheeks, and curly hair. We continue to snuggle, along with talking to one other. My brother Jaden came in, telling me to get ready for church. I almost forgot its Sunday. My family and I try to go to church every Sunday as much as we can.

Today is a special Sunday for all of us- Albert's christening is today. It's even better, because my brother Greg came home from the military last week. Along with my sister who came home as well. I was so excited to see them both! We are all finally together!

"Hey Malarie, mama said come down for breakfast." My sister Emmy informs me, coming into our room. "Okay, thanks Em. You heard that Albert, it's time to eat eat." I chuckle, getting up from my bed, to head on down the stairs.

"Yay, yay." He claps happily, giggling in my arms.

Making it to the kitchen, I see my family shuffling around, trying to get a seat at the table. I place Albert in his highchair, between my mom and I. Taking my seat as well, I glance down at my already made plate. My favorite breakfast meal. Eggs, bacon, sausages, pancakes, biscuits, and freshly washed strawberries! I told you today is a special day. My mom only cooks like this when we are celebrating something. We all grabbed each other's hands, praying over our meal.

"So how's senior year, Rainbow? And what's the deal with you Mr. I'm a Sophomore now? I've missed you guys so much." My brother Greg asks, Jaden and I. Not being able to control my laugh. I bust out laughing, at the nickname he gave me when I was younger.

He says the reason he calls me Rainbow, is having to do with my eyes always change colors, whenever he sees me.

"Senior year is pretty cool, although I have lots of homework every day. And I miss you too big bro." I respond, drinking some of my yummy orange juice. "Yeah bruh, sophomore year is the bomb. I was so fed up with being a freshman last year... or like a couple of months ago." Jaden responds, eating one of his many sausages.

"That's good, keep them grades up so I can see you two graduate like me, and big head over here." He smiles at Jaden and me, but not before thumping Jessa's head.

"Ow Greg that freaking hurt!" She hits his arm. Might I add pretty hard, but it didn't faze him one bit. "Hey cut that out, Albert is looking at you two like you're crazy." Dad scolds playfully.

That only made us laugh. Seeing baby Albert's surprised face, with his little mouth hanging open. We continue to eat our breakfast, catching up on everyone's priorities in life. Once we all had finished eaten, we got dressed to go to church. I decided to ride with my dad, mom, and Albert, in my Daddy's new 2015 BMW 228 I. Man his car is so nice, I asked him if he could get me one for my 18th birthday. But he said why should I get a car if I didn't even know how to drive yet. He's so mean, I'm just kidding he's the best dad in the whole world. He's funny, hardworking, family oriented, and gives the best hugs yet.