Chapter 60

Malarie's POV

Three weeks later

Walking at a nice pace to the NICU, Jason and Natasha follow alongside me. I have to feed my little infant, and I'm running a bit late. I'm still in lots of pain, but it's pretty durable. For the last three weeks and four days, Jason and I have been coming to the hospital nonstop. Just to see and feed our baby boy. Unfortunately I got to go home, instead of him. That was the saddest most roughest day I had to ever go through. Having to leave your baby, all because he's too small- it's the worst. I cried lots after that day.

I would pump lots of breastmilk for him, just in case I couldn't make it a certain day, or when he needs to be fed at night. I always can tell when he needs to be fed... my nipples leak badly. If I do not get to Jacob fast enough- or pump at least, my breast become filled up with lots of milk. It's quite painful.

Jacob even had his circumcision done in the hospital. I was so very sad I couldn't stay with him all night, he was in such agony. I actually became worried, but Jason assured me he was fine. At one point I tried to bribe the nurses to let me stay with my baby, but they just said they couldn't let stay. The three of us continue our walking down the hallway, just anxiously needing to see my baby.

"Jason, you know Natasha can't go inside... with all of the babies. She has to go to the children's play area, straight across." I pointed to a small playroom, across from us. Jason nodded, readjusting Tasha on his hip.

"That's alright, I'll just go inside with her. I'll come see him in a little while." He place a kiss to my lips, along with Natasha giving me one as well.

"Mommy, when will my baby brother come home?" Tasha whined, giving me a pouty lip. "We have to be a little more patient for him." I squeeze her cheek, kissing her once more.

I watch as both of them head inside the playroom, almost immediately picking up lots of toys. I chuckle to myself, at Jason's big kid behavior... he had put on a crown. Thinking he's the Prince of the castle. Focusing my attention back to my baby, I ring the nurses station. Quickly being let in.

I have to wash my hands throughly- along with putting on some scrubs. Good hygiene and cleanliness, is a huge thing when you are visiting the NICU. There's lots of babies who can get sicker, if a person is not clean enough. Too many germs.

:::

"Drink all of it baby boy. We have to at least get you to four pounds ten ounces, so you can go home with your mommy, daddy, and your big sister." I coo while I breastfeed Jacob. He just stays sleeping quietly, drinking his milk.

The three weeks Jacob has been here, he's been gaining his weight slowly. I want to somehow make him grow faster, but I know I have to be patient. He will gain his weight when he's ready, and I can't rush that. The sad part about him being in the NICU, is no one is allowed to see him, except Jason and me. So we both result on our phones, to take videos and pictures of him. We show our family's, only for both of our mom's to get all emotional.

"Ms. Dawson, is Jacob about done with his feeding? We have to weigh him in today." Jacob's nurse, Jenny asked so very nicely. "Oh yeah, I was just about to burp him." Unlatching him from my breast, I began to burp him.

He's extremely lazy when it comes to him burping. He will not do so- so that causes me, to burp him longer than expected. After about thirty minutes, mister slow poke, finally let out three good burps. I would hate for him to get gassy- he can take all the time he wants.

"Uh Jenny," I called out for the nice nurse. "Yeah? Is he all done with his feeding?" I nodded. She walked over, taking him from me.

While Jenny took Jacob's vitals, I took it upon myself to fix my bra and shirt. At some point, Jason joined me in waiting for our baby's weight, and any other necessary details needed to know.