Chapter 4

Narrator's POV

Shinobu waited for Giyuu while holding a two containers of salmon daikon. Until, she feel his presence in front of her. She looked up and stare directly into his eyes.

"Sorry for the wait, Kochou" he said while looking down on her.

"No, it's fine. So, Tomioka-san, lead the way" she gestured her hand to move forward. Giyuu start walking forward then she followed him.

Giyuu look at Shinobu in the corner of his eyes. The lights on the streets lit her pale face. He then turned his eyes on the way.

'She looks like an angel, always pale' he thought.

He turned his direction to the forest. Shinobu tilt her head in confusion.

"Tomioka-san, you're dumb as always, aren't you? Your estate is not that way, it's this way" she pointed the way to his estate but he shook his head in disagreement.

"We're not going to my estate, just follow me" he starts walking towards the forest while Shinobu just followed behind him, the curiosity didn't left her mind.

They just walk until they reach their destination. Shinobu's eyes widened and her mouth agape to the view she saw. Its the field of flowers. They even look beautiful because of the moonlight. Giyuu sat down beside the tree and Shinobu sat down beside him. She gave him the container of salmon daikon. They ate in silence and admired the view. Then, Giyuu broke the silence.

"Thanks for the treat, Kocho" he said while looking at the stars. She smiled at him. But the problem is, he didn't smile.

"It's nothing. Tomioka-san, how did you find this place?" she glanced at him with curiosity.

"I got bored and explored until I found this place. This is where I stay to clear up my mind" he said in a monotone voice.

"I see. Its beautiful and the moon is lovely too" she said in a sweet voice. He hummed in response.

'Maybe I should speak more so that we can get along' he internally sighed. He took the last bite and put it down beside him and stood up. Shinobu looked up to him, she raised her right eyebrow.

He looked down on her and held his hand to her. She was a little bit surprised at his gesture. She look at his hand and back to him.

"It's not just the flowers and the moon. There's more than that" he said while looking directly to her eyes. Shinobu took his hand without saying a word. The fireflies flew in the air as they walked. The butterflies starts fluttering. Shinobu's eyes sparkled at the sight she's seeing without realizing they walk hand in hand. They stopped in the middle of the flowers and admiring the flies flew above their heads. Giyuu lets go of her hand, Shinobu flushed that she realized they hold their hands for too long. A one butterfly caught Shinobu's attention, she lend her finger to make it land.

"It's beautiful, isn't it?" he asked while looking at the sky.

"Yeah...... Tomioka-san, look" she called him. He turned to look at her.

"What is it?"

"This butterfly looks like me, a graceful, elegant and beautiful. Right, Tomioka-san?" she said then glanced at him, smiling. He didn't respond for a second and then he answered.

"No you're not. You're an annoying little insect that keeps bugging me" he said it nonchalantly. A vein popped on her head.

"Oh, maybe I should just kill you to death, how does that sound?" she said while smiling evily. He looked away from her and didn't respond.

"Don't you think it's weird? The headquarters didn't send us a crow or give us at least one mission" he said.

"Maybe they want us to spend time together since no one likes you" she teased.

"Hmm.. Does that mean you invite me because you like me?" he said while looking at her. She caught off guard and flushed furiously.

"N-No, it's not what you think. Why would I like you, Tomioka-san?" she said while looking to the other direction to hide her blush. Giyuu felt a little bit sad.

"I think its time to go back now, Tomioka-san. I need some time to rest" she said while turning back. Giyuu hummed in response and followed behind her. He cursed himself for not talking more to her. They picked up the empty containers and head to the street to throw it.

"So, Tomioka-san, it's great to hang out with a loner like you. I'll go now" she waved her hands and was about to turn back.

"I'll walk you home" she stopped by what he said.

"Oh my, are you acting like a gentleman now?" she gasped pretending to be shock then she placed her hands to her lips. "Or is it because you realized no ones likes you?" she asked. Giyuu looked her with his signature poker face. He walked passed her.

"I'm going to walk you there because I wanted to" he said while looking ahead. They walk in silence until they reach the butterfly estate.

"Thank you for showing me that place, Tomioka-san. It was beautiful. That's all for today, Good night, Tomioka-san" she waved at him and was about to go inside, but Giyuu spoke.

"No, I should be the one thanking you for treating me a salmon daikon"

"Well, anytime" she plastered her casual smile. Giyuu get the flowers out in his haori and gave it to her. Shinobu was surprised at his sudden gesture and take the flowers from him, she keeps staring at the flowers.

"I saw that flowers at the shop and it's pretty and purple. It reminds me of you so I was thinking about buying it and giving it to you" he looked away from her and said "let's get along, I guess"

She looked at him, surprised at his statement then she smirked.

"Oh my, is this you? I haven't thought that you could do something like this. What's gotten in to you? Is it because of the salmon daikon?" she said teasingly. Giyuu looked at her blankly. "But, thank you for this, Tomioka-san. I appreciate it, I didn't know you can think of me as pretty as this flower, Tomioka-san. Thank you very much" she smiled genuinely to him, the moonlight lit her face, this causes her features even more beautiful. Giyuu looked at her, eyes widened. His heart starts to race, then he smiled her back and he patted her head. Her eyes widened that he smiled at her, she blushed at him as he patted her head. Then he pulled back his hand.

"I'm going to visit here tomorrow to check those three" he said while smiling.

"O-okay" she stuttered.

"See you later, then" he starts walking away with his heart raced. Shinobu just stared at him until he disappeared in her sight. She went inside her office and leaned against her door while holding the flowers he gave closely to her chest. Her heart pounded, thinking about his soft smile. She blushed while thinking about it, then she sighed, putting the flowers to a vase and she lyed down to her bed, sleeping peacefully.