Chapter 15

Giyuu's POV

I had fun yesterday even though Iguro was hurting me by his harsh words. Kochou is being Kochou, she keeps teasing me all the way to her estate. But, I was happy. She was the one who took out my sadness yesterday by her non ending teasing. Honestly, I'm thankful for that.

Today's training was even harder than before. We kept practicing with the battle doll called Yoriichi Type Zero. I keep going to the river for meditation and making new forms. Now, Inosuke is fighting the doll, Zenitsu and Tanjiro fight each other with wooden swords. I just watched them train and went to the river. Sensei was sleeping inside. The river is so calm, it helps me to focus in thinking about new forms. Being alone is what's best for me.

'That's why nobody likes you, Tomioka-san'

"Can you just shut up in a minute?" I suddenly shouted. Looked at my surroundings if someone had heard me. I let out a heavy sigh of relief. I can't stop thinking about her and I feel like I met Kochou before. Yeah, I met her but unfortunately, she didn't recognise me. I wonder....

I shrugged and go back to training.

Hours has passed, my new form is not complete yet but almost done. I walked back to sensei's house yet I encountered him here.

"Sensei?"

"Giyuu, how's your training?"

"It was fine" we walked side by side while chatting. Suddenly, a question he asked made me startled a bit.

"Are you courting the Lady of the Butterfly Estate?" he asked.

"No, Sensei"

"Then why did you give her flowers?"

"It's a gift of gratitude, sensei. She made my favorite food and it was delicious"

"The flowers said otherwise" that made me confused. "Don't tell me you had no idea about flower language"

"......... I had no idea"

"That was a bouquet of red tulips and purple lilacs, those flowers symbolizes love, Giyuu. That means you love her" he softly said it.

"No, I don't love her" I said blankly but my mind and heart says otherwise.

"Don't deny it, Giyuu. I know you" it's a fact that you can't lie when it comes to sensei, he has a keen sense of smell just like Tanjiro. What he said left me speechless.

We arrived at the house. I saw Zenitsu choking Inosuke while Tanjiro tried to stop them.

These kids........

"Stop it, you two" they stopped when they heard my voice, sat straight and paying their attention to me. I was about to talk but my crow butted in.

"Head to the northeastern village, kaw"

I sighed and prepared myself for the next mission. The trio was given a mission to each one of them. We descended the mountain and head to our assigned destination.

I arrived at the village full of people. Then, I saw a familiar figure in front at the shop when I look closely. Oh no... Not you again.

"Tomioka-kun, you're here" what's her name again?

"Oh, its you. So you're discharged already" I said, a bit annoyed.

She nodded, "Lady Kochou is so charming and kind. I wanted to be like her" she said, placing her hands on her red cheeks.

"Who are you again?" she suddenly pouted, looking at me with her eyes filled with sadness and disappointment.

"I'm Hikari, remember?"

"Yeah right" I walked passed because I'm wasting my time talking to her. However, she kept following me everywhere I go. Seriously? This girl creeps me. I walked faster to get away from here yet she's still behind me.

The night came, moon and stars filled up the sky. Hikari poked my shoulder.

"Aren't you tired already? Let's rent some inn to rest" I gave her my leave-me-alone glare yet she didn't understand. I mentally groaned and keep moving forward, ignoring the woman who keeps following me.

Suddenly, a demon talked in front of us. I prepared myself for any attacks.

"Well, well, well, look who's here? Nice to finally meet you, Water Pillar" He grinned at me. His two eyes aren't the same, a lower moon? No, it's an upper moon 2.

"Oh right, you don't know me, do you?" He chuckled. "My name is Sano, your senior" my eyes widened from what he said. Senior? Does sensei know him? I thought all sensei's disciples are dead yet I didn't know this guy survived.

"I don't have any senior since all sensei's disciples are dead" I said, narrowing my eyes.

"Oh, you got it wrong, junior. I see, you haven't obtain it yet" he grinned creepily.

Obtain? Obtain what?

Suddenly, he attacked me with his.... sword? That means he's a breath user. He backed away and attacked again. I heard him chant his breath form.

"Water Breathing: Fourth Form: Striking Tide"

"Total Concentration Water Breathing: Eleventh Form: Dead Calm" his attack calmed and didn't hit me.

"What a nice form you have. This is gonna be a fun fight" he grinned.

______________________________________

Yoriichi Type Zero is from the manga.

Hikari is my own character.

I hope you enjoyed my story.